Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Ventilation

Hi Dina,

I’m saddened to hear that you are still in hospital and mainly because social services haven’t got their act together. You have always come across as a glass half full girl so it is sad that you feel despair, although fully understandable.

I do hope they can get your care package sorted so you can return home. I wish I could think of something to cheer you up but my jokes are like MND, s**t.

Hugs,
    Barry
    Iím going to do this even if it kills me!

Hi Dina,

I'm sorry for all the tough challenges you are going through. I'm not surprised you feel fed up. I agree with you about how horrific MND is and, to be honest, I don't find any day is easy to get through.

There are no magic words about how we are supposed to come to terms with losing our independence and ability to do even the most basic of things. Somehow we must find some inner strength to carry on but its not always easy to accept the harsh realities of what we are faced with.

I'm not a strong or courageous person but I am regularly inspired by you and others in this forum family to try and stay positive and make the best of things.

Your wonderful personality always shines through on this forum. I also appreciate your honesty, and how you generously share your thoughts and feelings, during the bad days as well as on better days.

You are an extremely kind, caring and brave person, with a great sense of humour! I really do hope the very sad emotions you are feeling will soon subside.

Im sorry that I can't visit you in hospital because I would love to give you a big hug and thank you in person for all the wonderful words of advice and support you regularly give me and others in this forum family.

I know its not always easy to look on the bright side of things, but I am sending you lots of electronic hugs and positive vibes in the hope that you will feel much better very soon.

Love Kayleigh x
    Last edited by Kayleigh; 9th September 2019 at 18:49.

Hi Dina

So sorry to hear that you are still in hospital and the social services are screwed up.

I can see you are having a dark day, or indeed dark days and I am sure I shall have some more of those myself in due course.

All I can say is that we are here thinking of you and hope that your lot improves quickly

Warmly
    Warmly

Andy

​Diagnosed 03/2015. Limb onset (arm) sporadic ALS/MND.
    MND hitting - now 50% left arm and 90% right arm, plus other bits including left shoulder

Forum Member
    Hi Dina,
    Sorry to hear you are feeling down. I think we all feel the same way about MND. I hate even spelling or saying the word. I have myself gone down hill these last few days. Not being able to do things on my own etc. It is so cruel. I am sending you lots of hugs and remember we are all here for you, and everyone else.
    Love Sheila x

Thank you all for your support: it has certainly helped me to get through today. I wasn't going to mention the dark thoughts but then realised I would be lying by omission, and I don't like lying.

I am due to see the social worker tomorrow, but I shan't be alone - I have arranged reinforcements!

Thank you all, again. I am so glad I joined this forum, although I am obviously sorry that I needed to.
    Last edited by Gillette; 9th September 2019 at 19:15.
    Dina

Trying to keep positive, but not always managing.

Good new Dina;

Tomorrow nights sleep should be assured, Football is on.

Hope you make some headway tomorrow.

Love Terry

Hi Dina,

I hope everything goes well at the meeting tomorrow.

Social Services should be very apologetic for messing you around and hopefully they will make up for it by organising carers for you in double quick time.

I hope you get a peaceful and restful night's sleep.

Love and hugs,

Kayleigh x

P.S I'm very surprised Terry is watching the Football - I thought he'd be watching Supermarket Sweep on ITV2, like I am!! LOL
    Last edited by Kayleigh; 9th September 2019 at 21:47.

Forum Member
    Football is on Tuesday night Kayleigh, itv1 England v Kosovo .7.45 kick off.

Forum Member
    Hugs to you Dina

Hope the social worker gets things moving even if they need to provide for day and nighttime care

Thanks Sheila - I must have read Terry's post too hastily and I was a bit distracted watching the first exciting episode of the new Supermarket Sweep! LOL

I hope you are having a relaxing evening.

Love Kayleigh x