Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Ventilation

Thanks, Kayleigh,

The meeting with the social worker went well. She is going to do an assessment for CHC funding because of my increased care needs.
    Dina

Trying to keep positive, but not always managing.

Hi Dina,

It's good to hear that the meeting went well. Hopefully they are able to provide carers very soon - do you have to wait to hear the outcome of the CHC application or can they provide any carers in the meantime?

I expect you've had a tiring day - hopefully your Nippy Machine will be quieter tonight, so that it's easier for you to sleep.

Love Kayleigh x

Quote Originally Posted by Kayleigh View Post
    Hi Dina,

It's good to hear that the meeting went well. Hopefully they are able to provide carers very soon - do you have to wait to hear the outcome of the CHC application or can they provide any carers in the meantime?

I expect you've had a tiring day - hopefully your Nippy Machine will be quieter tonight, so that it's easier for you to sleep.

Love Kayleigh x
    Hi Kayleigh,

As I had a care package before I went into hospital, it should be fairly straightforward to have it reinstated. The CHC assessment will go at its own pace.

I've decided not to use the Nippy tonight - I can't face the noise. I already have a lot of noise coming from the pump for my air mattress so I really don't want anything more.

Hi Dina,

I hope you have a restful and peaceful sleep tonight.

It's good to hear you can get your usual care package back while the CHC application gets sorted.

Love,
    Kayleigh x
    Last edited by Kayleigh; 12th August 2019 at 23:25.

Hi Dina,

I know the Respiratory Nurse is coming today and will hopefully solve the problem for you but, Sod's Law being what it is, if the noise can't be replicated today, here are some things to consider and have all happened to me...

The reason I asked about the humidifier is that, if the moisture in the hose can't freely drain back into the water chamber, it causes a noise in the hose and mask - this is the usual culprit for me if the hose falls from its usual position of being draped over my bedhead, which allows for good drainage.

Check also before it's turned on that the water chamber is fully slotted into the hot plate and both tubes are securely attached to the chamber.

The humidifier setting may have been accidentally changed or may be too high, particularly if there's been a change in the weather.

Anyway, hope you can sleep well with the Nippy tonight! Btw, I put a folded blanket over my mattress pump which insulates the noise (without blocking the fan outlet/intake)

Love Ellie.

Hi Dina,

Sometimes you can put the mattress air pump on the floor or on a stall to reduce any noise and vibration. Do make sure that it can't fall down.

Just a idea.

Love Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Thanks, Ellie. I saw the respiratory nurse today and she was pretty sure she knew what was causing the problem. She thinks that it needs a longer tube to the mask, so that it can lie flat. She has also fitted extenders onto the two short pipes on the humidifier and suggested that the humidifier is lower than the machine when in use. I will try what she suggested. If it doesn't sort it out, I will ring again.
    Dina

Thanks, Terry. The pump is on the floor - I couldn't stand the racket when it hung on the end of the bed!
    Dina

Hi Dina

I hope everything is going ok with your ventilation - hopefully the adjustments the respiratory nurse made to the machine worked and its no longer noisy.

Love
    Kayleigh x

Quote Originally Posted by Kayleigh View Post
    Hi Dina

I hope everything is going ok with your ventilation - hopefully the adjustments the respiratory nurse made to the machine worked and its no longer noisy.

Love
    Kayleigh x
    Hi Kayleigh,

Thank you for asking. We haven't actually set it up again yet. It has been a challenging week, not helped by still not having any carers coming in. I'm hoping to get my son to help set it up over the weekend.
    Dina