Thread: Information required re mounting my phone on wheelchair

Information required re mounting my phone on wheelchair

Hi all. When I start using my powered wheelchair outside frequently I want to mount my mobile phone on to it. I can then use google maps for directions if I want to go somewhere new to me. That won't be unusual seeing as we moved here in November and I haven't been out other than in the car. I will have to explore and take trips to Asda etc Has anybody mounted their mobile phone onto their wheelchair? I did several google searches and looked at care shops. But nothing leapt out as suitable. Suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks, Lynne
    ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my ballance.
    I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

You should ask your OT to see if one can be provided for you Lynne.

I know people have been given them for tablets.

A popular brand is Bamboo, something like this: http://www.inclusive.co.uk/bamboo-un...or-smartphones

Or you could do a DIY job with, for example, Manfrotto clamps - you just buy the different clamps and holders separately, but I'd see what the OT says first.

Love Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Thanks Ellie. I bought a goose neck holder for my ipad about a year ago, but haven't used it yet. It's attached to the top of our book shelf. Thanks for the link. I'll go look ��x
    ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my ballance.

Hi Ellie, I emailed my OT about if she can get me a mobile phone holder for my wheelchair. Thanks again, Lynne ��x

Hi Ellie. My OT got back to me today to say that she can't get me a mobile phone mount so advised me to ask MNDA for a grant. I sent a request and was very surprised to hear back within a couple of hours.

You have the same wheelchair as me don't you, an Invacare Spectra XR2? Did you get the bamboo mount and if so was it double or single tube? I'm thinking that it might need to be double as it looks like it'll have to attach the tube that the handles are attached to, behind me. I thought that I'd best check with someone who has the same wheelchair. Anybody else's input is welcome. Thanks. Lynne x

Lynne, I've a mount for a PC, not a phone (can't use one) and it's clamped on the top of the upright of a footrest.

Sorry I can't be more helpful re single or dual mounts...

Love Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.