Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Emotional liability

Forum Member
    Congratulations Hayls, so pleased your day went well.
    I tried sertraline, but had trouble swallowing it, I went to the doctors yesterday and she gave me amitriptyline in oral solution. So I will try that.
    Ellie I didn't know it dosent go away, oh well another problem.

Try and have a good weekend everyone
    Sheila x

Forum Member
    Thanks Rachel, Ellie, Shrew and Sheila, thank you all, you all make me see sense, having been a carer for 20+ years Iíve seen my fair share of side effects of coming off antidepressants and or introducing new ones and how it can affect people differently, sometimes very scary but thank you for making me see that this is now part of me, I think I just wanted a moan but I know how lucky I am to have an amazing supportive family and to be part of a community full of support and strength, my swallowing is getting worse quite quickly and still waiting for my PEG but thank you Sheila for the tip about alternative medication, hope you adapt to it without too much discomfort, fingers crossed

Forum Member
    Hi Hayls
    I know I didn't know I could get a antidepressant in liquid form. I also take riluzole in liquid form, which helps me with my swallow problem.

Sheila x

Congratulations Hayls

I started to cry just reading your post so my EL has lasted for around nine years. Try not to worry about it, if you get through your wedding, you can do anything.

Hope you are feeling better.

Love Terry

Congratulations, Hayls!
    Dina

Trying to keep positive, but not always managing.

Good afternoon Hayls

Belated congratulations from me too.

I was talking to my supervisor one morning last week for our quarterly session and was trying to untangle the emotion that arises from knowing I have a death sentence and any changes that may be occurring as a result of that disease that causes more emotional lability.

After a short part of the session, we decided that such speculation was fruitless as it was can be quite difficult to work out what was what.

And my supervisor said that I was showing no less ups and downs than I did when I started seeing him, ten years ago, after my previous supervisor retired.

So I guess my conclusion is the best thing for me is to have a good person, or indeed people to talk to when I need to.

I hope you have this?
    Warmly

Andy

​Diagnosed 03/2015. Limb onset (arm) sporadic ALS/MND.
    MND hitting - now 50% left arm and 90% right arm, plus other bits including left shoulder

Forum Member
    Hello Andy,

I am very lucky to have people both personally and professionally who are incredible supportive and as my speech was the first to be affected Iím sure the majority of my EL is pure frustration and feeling overwhelmed. Iím definitely not depressed but Iím starting to think my emotions are in use every second of everyday trying to keep going and the moment I see or here anything extra itís like my emotional cup is overflowing lol, thank you for your comment, itís helped me try to understand that everything is not a no hope, EL is part of me and Iíll try my best to reign it in and if I canít, oh well lol all the best, glad you got someone you trust too

Hi Hayls,

Many congratulations to you and your husband.

I hope you are having an enjoyable weekend (despite the rather damp Autumn weather!). Hopefully the medication to treat EL will work quickly and you will be feeding much better very soon.

Love and best wishes to you and your husband,
    Kayleigh x

P.S .......
    - Two antennas met on a roof, fell in love and got married.
    The ceremony wasn't very good - but the Reception was excellent! LOL
    Last edited by Kayleigh; 13th October 2019 at 20:38.

Forum Member
    Many Congratulations to you and your husband Haylis,

I really hope you had Huey Lewis and the News !

Love Debbie x

Congratulations Hayls and new hubby. I'm sorry that you haven't been well. Good luck for a quick recovery and back to Sertraline. Love from another scouser, Lynne x
    ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my ballance.
    I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.