Dear Hayls,

(I know I'm not MND Connect but it's Sunday so I'll reply today)

Please remember just how much you’ve been through in the last 18 months - your beloved dad died; you were diagnosed with MND soon after; you got married - now you’re trying to adjust to living with a progressive disease and all of its challenges. It’s no wonder you find yourself floundering and I’ll bet you haven’t had time to grieve for your dad yet. So, cut yourself some slack Girl you’re not expected to be a Superhero and cope on your own - please, please ask for help.

Are you taking anything for your EL? Many people take an SSRI antidepressant and find it helpful. What other meds are you taking? And, with the tight stitches out, are the doctor and nurse happy with how you’ve healed post-RIG? (Soz for so many pesky questions)

Is there anyone you can talk to? If you’re linked into a hospice, avail of their services - counselling, nursing and complementary therapies, as well as physio and OT - if you’re not linked in, it’s a good thing to do. Is your GP any good or your MND nurse maybe?

And, if you don’t mind me asking, where are you if you’re not at home?

Sending you a big hug.

Love Ellie.