Thread: collection

Forum Member

collection

A fantastic £644 was collected in memory of Mick for MND. The funeral director is now forwarding this to MNDA

That’s great news Sheila and the generous donations in Mick’s name will help others.

Barry x
    Iím going to do this even if it kills me!

That's wonderful and heartwarming news Sheila. The fantastic contribution in Mick's name will help people in many positive ways.

Thank you for kindly keeping in touch. I hope you and your family are ok.

Love,
    Kayleigh x

That's lovely to hear Shrew - a fitting legacy in Mick's name.

Thanks for letting us know.

Love Ellie.

Excellent news !

I hope there will be a fitting memorial for Mick somewhere or other?

Warmly
    Warmly

Andy

​Diagnosed 03/2015. Limb onset (arm) sporadic ALS/MND.
    MND hitting - now 50% left arm a 90% right arm, plus other bits including left shoulder

Thanks for the update Sheila. A very generous crowd of Mick's friends and family. I hope that you and your loved ones are coping ok. Love Lynne x
    ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my ballance.
    I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Sheila, what a good amount. I think you and your family will find comfort knowing how generous people were in Mick's memory.
    Wishing all of you strength through this difficult time.
    Dina

Trying to keep positive, but not always managing.

Forum Member
    Thanks everyone. There will be some more money to come. Next weekend is the 10th Anniversary of the intruder owners club uk (IOCUK) bike club he set up in 2009. He arranged the first meet in Worcester in May 2010 and this became a twice yearly weekend hotel meet. Myself and my Daughters are travelling to Worceseter for the meet and there is different fund raisers including a raffle, and an auction for some bike bits and pieces I have found in the garage. The monies will to go MND.
    We have decided to have a memorial tree planted and rings made for me and my daughters from ashes to glasses. We are still finding things hard. The suddeness of it all. We miss him so much

Hi Shrew;

Thankyou for collecting and having further plans for raising for the Mnda in Mick's name.

I'm pleased that your daughters are helping support you on your trip to Worceseter.

Love Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Dear Sheila,

That's extremely kind and thoughtful of you all to have a fundraiser at the 10th Anniversary event. I expect It will be a very special and emotional occasion and I hope you and your daughters enjoy the day.

It's lovely to hear how close you and your family are and that you also have the love and support of many wonderful friends.

You and your family and friends have got hearts of gold. Despite the pain of your loss, you are all being very courageous and summoning up the strength to do many wonderful things in Mick's memory - and a huge thanks to you all for wanting to help others affected by MND by fundraising in Mick's name.

Mick would be immensely proud of you all for keeping memories of him alive, and in such positive, thoughtful and caring ways.

Precious memories of how loving, kind and caring Mick was will continue to live on with all of his family and friends, and he will always be remembered by many of us in this forum family as well.

Lots of love to you and your family,
    Kayleigh x