X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sheila
    Forum Member
    • Feb 2019

Sorry to hear all this Dina, I hope it all gets sorted out for you. Sending hugs
    Sheila x

Comment

• Gillette
      Forum Member
      • Mar 2019

Hi Everyone,

I had an appointment at Wythenshawe Hospital this afternoon. When they heard how things have been they suggested I be admitted and I agreed so that’s where I am for the time being.
      Dina

Trying to keep positive, but not always managing.

Comment

• Gillette
        Forum Member
        • Mar 2019

Thank you for your support, everyone. I can’t tell you how welcome it is.
        Dina

Comment

• Terry
          Forum Member
          • May 2012

Hi Dina,

I am sorry to hear that you are back there but hopefully your husband can recop and they will sort out a proper care package before you go home.

Best wishes, Terry
          Last edited by Terry; 20 August 2019, 22:59.
          TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Comment

• Kayleigh
            Forum Member
            • Nov 2018

Hi Dina,

It's probably good you had an appointment at Wythenshawe today because someone there might be able to get things organised concerning an urgent CHC application for you. Sorry you've had to be admitted into hospital though. Hopefully the doctors and nurses are making you comfortable and the food is ok.

I hope social services realise the stress and worry you and your partner have been put through, due to their uncaring attitude and their failure to provide you with the carers you are entitled to.

I was reading the Care Act 2014 today and was interested to find out that the Local Authority not only has a statutory duty of care towards you but also to your partner (as he is your carer). It sounds like social services have probably been failing in their duty of care where both of you are concerned, because the non-provision of carers could potentially have a negative affect his health and well-being, as well as yours.

It's terrible that despite all the legislation and NICE guidelines, MND patients and their carers still don't always receive the respect and high standard of treatment and care they should be getting and are legally entitled to.

Hopefully, the situation concerning your carers will be rectified very soon. I also hope you and your partner get much better treatment from social services from now on.

Hopefuĺly your hospital bed is nice and comfy - I expect you could do with a good night's sleep, as today has probably been particularly tiring for you!

I hope you have a restful sleep tonight and a relaxing day tomorrow.

Love Kayleigh xx
            Last edited by Kayleigh; 20 August 2019, 20:42.

Comment

• Lynne K
              Forum Member
              • Nov 2017

Hi Dina, it's good that you are safe in Wythenshawe. I too hope that your hospital bed is comfy and that the staff look after you well. I also hope that Peter is ok on his own. Lynne
              ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

• Dis1960
                Forum Member
                • Oct 2018

Hugs to Dina both for the terrible treatment by the social worker and your read:ittance tó Wythenshawe

Could your GP help with finding carers or chc forms

Comment

• Gillette
                  Forum Member
                  • Mar 2019

Originally posted by Dis1960 View Post
                  Hugs to Dina both for the terrible treatment by the social worker and your read:ittance tó Wythenshawe

Could your GP help with finding carers or chc forms
                  Thank you. Hugs always gratefully received.

My OT emailed yesterday to say that the wheels have started turning for a fast-track application for CHC funding.
                  Dina

Comment

• Gillette
                    Forum Member
                    • Mar 2019

Originally posted by Lynne K View Post
                    Hi Dina, it's good that you are safe in Wythenshawe. I too hope that your hospital bed is comfy and that the staff look after you well. I also hope that Peter is ok on his own. Lynne
                    Thanks, Lynne. The staff have been lovely. Peter and I agree that being admitted was a good thing. It may well be that I stay in until 02 September when I am scheduled to have a PEG fitted and another procedure - it depends on when a care package can be set up.
                    Dina

Comment

• Doug Carpenter
                      Forum Member
                      • May 2017

Hi Dina

I am so relieved to hear that some things are now moving in the right direction, and especially that you're safe.

Hugs

Doug
                      Diagnosed April 2017

Comment

• Ellie
                        Forum Member
                        • Oct 2012

Hi Dina,

I know you'd rather be at home with carers but I am glad you're being looked after, which must be a relief for bouth you and your partner and lower the stress levels.

It does make sense to stay until your PEG procedure, rather than send you home into the same situation from which you came.

Maybe the CHC will be granted "easier" because you'll be an inpatient waiting to be discharged?

If I can be of any help re meds or whatever, please ask

Love Ellie.
                        Last edited by Ellie; 22 March 2021, 19:19.
                        ​Diagnosed 2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
                        Significant bulbar impairment - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV - Eye gaze user

Comment

• Gillette
                          Forum Member
                          • Mar 2019

Thanks, Doug. Thanks, Ellie.

I don’t mind being an in-patient - at the moment it is the best place for me. The last three weeks have been very difficult for all sorts of reasons and taken their toll on each of us. They have also prompted a more speedy advance in my MND - and it was going fast enough before.
                          Dina

Comment

• Dis1960
                            Forum Member
                            • Oct 2018

Originally posted by Gillette View Post
                            until 02 September when I am scheduled to have a PEG fitted and another procedure
                            You also are in the right place if there are any cancellations. Good luck and good wishes

Comment

• Gillette
                              Forum Member
                              • Mar 2019

That’s true. Mind you, there’s no chance of the second procedure being brought forward as the anaesthetist is in France!
                              Dina

Comment

• Ellie
                                Forum Member
                                • Oct 2012

Just checking Dina;

The anaesthetist will be present during the PEG procedure to monitor your vitals and not because you're having a GA? (I know you said before that you'll be using the Nippy during the procedure)

Oh to be in France......

Love Ellie.
                                ​Diagnosed 2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
                                Significant bulbar impairment - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV - Eye gaze user

Comment

Working...
                                X