Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Duty of care?

Hi Dina, it's good that you are safe in Wythenshawe. I too hope that your hospital bed is comfy and that the staff look after you well. I also hope that Peter is ok on his own. Lynne
    ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my ballance.
    I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Forum Member
    Hugs to Dina both for the terrible treatment by the social worker and your read:ittance tů Wythenshawe

Could your GP help with finding carers or chc forms

Quote Originally Posted by Dis1960 View Post
    Hugs to Dina both for the terrible treatment by the social worker and your read:ittance tů Wythenshawe

Could your GP help with finding carers or chc forms
    Thank you. Hugs always gratefully received.

My OT emailed yesterday to say that the wheels have started turning for a fast-track application for CHC funding.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynne K View Post
    Hi Dina, it's good that you are safe in Wythenshawe. I too hope that your hospital bed is comfy and that the staff look after you well. I also hope that Peter is ok on his own. Lynne
    Thanks, Lynne. The staff have been lovely. Peter and I agree that being admitted was a good thing. It may well be that I stay in until 02 September when I am scheduled to have a PEG fitted and another procedure - it depends on when a care package can be set up.

Hi Dina

I am so relieved to hear that some things are now moving in the right direction, and especially that you're safe.

Hugs

Doug

Hi Dina,

I know you'd rather be at home with carers but I am glad you're being looked after, which must be a relief for bouth you and your partner and lower the stress levels.

It does make sense to stay until your PEG procedure, rather than send you home into the same situation from which you came.

Maybe the CHC will be granted "easier" because you'll be an inpatient waiting to be discharged?

If I can be of any help re meds or whatever, please ask

big hug.jpg

Love Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Thanks, Doug. Thanks, Ellie.

I donít mind being an in-patient - at the moment it is the best place for me. The last three weeks have been very difficult for all sorts of reasons and taken their toll on each of us. They have also prompted a more speedy advance in my MND - and it was going fast enough before.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillette View Post
    until 02 September when I am scheduled to have a PEG fitted and another procedure
    You also are in the right place if there are any cancellations. Good luck and good wishes

Thatís true. Mind you, thereís no chance of the second procedure being brought forward as the anaesthetist is in France!

Just checking Dina;

The anaesthetist will be present during the PEG procedure to monitor your vitals and not because you're having a GA? (I know you said before that you'll be using the Nippy during the procedure)

Oh to be in France......

Love Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.