• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shrew
    Forum Member
    • Jul 2018

inbox

hi
    I've had a couple of emails saying people have been trying to private message me but my inbox is full. I'm rubbish with computers. I have deleted some messages if people can manage to send them to me now?
  • Admin_MND
    Forum Administrator
    • Oct 2015

Hi Shrew,

Once you delete some of your messages then it should free up space for you to receive new messages. Has this worked for you?

Your 'sent items' folder also count to the full inbox so it might be worth deleting some of these too.

Admin,
    Our working hours are Monday to Friday 8:30am until 5pm

Comment

• Terry
      Forum Member
      • May 2012

Hi Shrew;

To Delete messages, go to "Notifications" and click. Click "In Box"

There are little square boxes on the right side of each message and you can select the ones by clicking in them.

Once you're selected the ones you want to delete, continue down and just under all of the messages there's a bigger box with "Selected Messages" and the number of selected ones, click on that.

It will bring up a drop down menu with delete as a option. Click delete and then at click "Proceed" at the bottom and you will go back to the slimmer "In box"

You can do similar in the "Sent Items"

Please ask if you have any problems and I will be happy to try and explain.

Love Terry

You can transfer or copy and paste any messages if you want to keep any.
      TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Comment

• shrew
        Forum Member
        • Jul 2018

Thanks I've deleted some now

Comment

• Terry
          Forum Member
          • May 2012

Hi Haylis;

To send a PM, (Private Message)

Click on the persons name that is at the start of a post you want to contact.

That will give you a few options, one of them is (Private Message) , click on that. You have to put a title in and then scroll down to write your message and further down you can send it.

I am sending one to you now.

It should pop up in your Notifications at the top of the page.

Love Terry
          TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Comment

• Terry
            Forum Member
            • May 2012

Just highlighted this thread as someones messages are full and I don't know if they know how to make some space

Comment

• Sueb
              Forum Member
              • Aug 2014

I tried to reply to your message Shrew but it said your inbox was full

Sue

Comment

• shrew
                Forum Member
                • Jul 2018

emptied Sue!
                Sheila

Comment

• Terry
                  Forum Member
                  • May 2012

Hi Sheila;

You might have emptied it but I could not send the second PM after I received your's. It said that your messages are full up.

I will try re-sending it on a new subject just incase there's something wrong with your settings.

Love Terry

Comment

• Terry
                    Forum Member
                    • May 2012

Hi Wailywoo,

This thread might help you along.

Love Terry

Comment

• Ellie
                      Forum Member
                      • Oct 2012

If you're replying back and forth in the same PM, usually you need only keep the latest 'Sent' version.

Messages have stored history - to see it click on 'View History' under the text box. See picture below, I've circled it in red (or kind of did, it's hard to with eye gaze )

PM View History.jpg

Love Ellie.
                      ​Diagnosed 2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
                      Significant bulbar impairment - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV - Eye gaze user

Comment

• Ellie
                        Forum Member
                        • Oct 2012

Hi Miranda,

Just to let you know that your Inbox is full, in case you don't know.

Love Ellie.
                        Significant bulbar impairment - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV - Eye gaze user

Comment

• miranda
                          Forum Member
                          • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Ellie View Post
                          Hi Miranda,

Just to let you know that your Inbox is full, in case you don't know.

Love Ellie.
                          Thanks Ellie. It’s emptied now xx

Comment

• Ellie
                            Forum Member
                            • Oct 2012

Email Notification For Inbox Filling Up.

A Handy Tip.

In the full site version: If you select Email Notification of New Private Messages in your General Settings, you will also receive a helpful email alerting you that your PM limit is nearly reached, giving you time to do housekeeping

Look for this text as you scroll through your General Settings:

PM Email Check (2).jpg

Love Ellie.

Comment

• Deb
                              Forum Member
                              • May 2018

Thanks for the top tip, Ellie.

That's so useful as I am definitely a culprit and I didn't realise you could do this.

Hugs to you,
                              Love Debbie x

Comment

Working...
                              X