Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Becoming a tad bored.

I can relate to your boredom in hospital Dina. Steve has been in for nearly two weeks now. He is so bored. There are four beds in his bay and the men come and go and he is still there.. He cannot move at all and he cannot turn his head so only looks forward and to the left.. there are some strange men they don’t speak some are to ill to at first. Things seem to be worse at night. One young man kicked off because doors were banging, then last night a man opposite, who they wanted to stay in bed was walking up and down the ward swearing.. if I wasn’t there in the day I think he would go mad. Hopefully both of you will be home soon. I know I can’t wait! Most of the staff are really nice and Steve can talk to them when they aren’t busy.

I can also relate to your wind problem Terry. Steve gets terrible wind, don’t know how many times he had a bed man yesterday!!!,

Sue

Quote Originally Posted by Sueb View Post
    Steve gets terrible wind, donít know how many times he had a bed man yesterday!!!,

Sue
    Thank you, Sue, particularly for the amusing images that popped into my head when I read your final sentence.
    Dina

Trying to keep positive, but not always managing.

Quote Originally Posted by Gillette View Post
    Hi Barry,

Of course I don't mind you talking about your lovely weekend. I am always envious of those sitting in miles and miles of traffic jams, Ha ha ha. Presumably you were on the A303 and the notorious section near Stonehenge. Where were you headed?
    Yes Dina it was the A303 and we were heading to Yeovil. We took a taxi from the hotel into town for dinner but they sent a people carrier so you can imagine me trying to get in. My wife and the driver both pushing my bum. No dignity with MND.

Barry x
    Iím going to do this even if it kills me!

Forum Member
    Barry, you were down my neck of the woods. Somerset. What happened to Newcastle yesterday, they won. Quite a shock result. But well done.
    Sheila x

Hi Barry;

At least you done it and safely. Maybe be I need a people carrier and people pushing my bum, it could release so much wind I'll be off to the moon, or blow my trousers off and i do a moony,

Sue; sorry to hear of Steve's problems, it makes mine so trivial in comprising. Being jailed in in the evenings like that, with crazy people must be hell. Hope his feeling a lot better and can find somewhere more peaceful like a hospice or home. I guess there's some humor in him telling you the nights events.

I'm off to tesco's soon and costa's for lunch, so I'm lucky really. LOL

Love Terry

Hi Terry,

Enjoy your retail therapy in Tesco's TC (My hubby always loves going shopping with me - especially grocery shopping supermarkets! LOL).

Lunch afterwards sounds good - and if you are you going to be entertaining the cafe girls with your music again ....'Wind beneath my wings' by Bette Midler or 'Blowin' in the Wind' by Bob Dylan might be a good choice? LOL

I hope you have an enJoyable afternoon.

Love Kayleigh x

P.S Perhaps add a pack of 'Wind-Eze' tablets to your shopping list??
    Last edited by Kayleigh; 26th August 2019 at 20:48.

Doug, I think you need to delete some of your messages.
    Dina

Hi Barry,

I used to work in Yeovil when I was living in Somerset. I miss being in Somerset. It's very different to Greater Manchester!
    Dina

Many thanks Dina.

Done

Doug

Hi Kayleigh,

My wife did buy some windex tablets, they did not work on her.

I was thinking Rocket Man and not, Candle in the Wind.

I hardly ever went shopping with my wife before I had Mnd but now it's the highlight of my week.

I don't know the girls in this Costa so well,, so I am all nice in their eyes.

Love Terry