Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Peg consultation

Forum Member
    Hi Ellie,
    Thanks for explaining all that to me. Now I know the different ways for the peg and rig. I see the breathing nurse on Friday. It was ok last time. But I have noticed a strange breath comes out, usually after sleeping or a nap. Maybe nothing to do with Mnd. But I will mention it.
    Thanks again Ellie
    Love Sheila

Forum Member
    That's good to remember , the sedation.. good luck sheila xx I'm worried about the cut and tube i think, ive still got to get to grips with that. But then i thought people helping me to the loo would be awful,its just normal now.

Hi Lisa,

Quote Originally Posted by Catsparkle View Post
    I'm worried about the cut and tube
    The hole is very small, only about 5-6mm wide.

Quote Originally Posted by Catsparkle View Post
    i thought people helping me to the loo would be awful,its just normal now.
    Very true!! It's amazing what becomes "normal" isn't it??

Love Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Forum Member
    Haha, going to the loo has brought me and my ex closer i think..it's the massive pants wot dunnit 😂

Hi Lisa,

I hope everything went well at your consultation yesterday.

Love Kayleigh x

Forum Member
    Good to get the PEG in early. Tony is now using it for all meds and lots of fluids and x2 meals a day. He is now on thickened fluid and a pureed diet. He had no real problems post op. Take care

Forum Member
    Thankyou x the consultation was pretty horrible actually, a summary of my current and near future frailties including respiratory-although I knew Id been cleared , because I'd had to redo my night oxygen (the finger grip slipped off) she didn't have the respiratory data so had to go through that too. I don't know, I'm diagnosed autistic, so i loved the accurate information but yeah. Waiting on resp to decide peg or rig .

Hi Lisa,

Sorry that the appointment yesterday was unpleasant. I expect you were glad to get lots of hugs from your lovely daughter afterwards!

I hope you have a relaxing and enjoyable weekend.

Love Kayleigh x

Forum Member
    Hi Lisa,
    Sorry your appointment didn't go to well. It's one thing after another isn't it. And I hope your cold gets better soon.
    Love Sheila.

Forum Member
    My MND started with swallowing and voice and has started to go to my limbs, luckily my breathing is still unaffected, my consultant has referred me to have one fitted ASAP as Iím struggling to drink enough, I wish you lots of luck, Iím looking forward to mine so itís less of a worry further down the line, I hope it all goes well, big hugs