Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Peg consultation

Forum Member
    Thankyou x youre from my part of the world i think, Bournemouth way?

Forum Member
    Hello Cat,
    Yep, I live in Bournemouth but my Fiancť lives west Dorset so Iím half and half, what part of the neck of the woods are you

Hayls, you won't know yourself once you have a feeding tube!! It takes the daily stress away re drinking enough etc. and it'll be a relief for your fiancť too, not to see you struggle.

Best wishes to you both.

Love Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Forum Member
    I'm I'm lymington way,other half lives in southbourne. Do you go to soton MND centre or is there a dorset alternative? Anyway, feel free to pm me
    Everyone does say the peg/rig helps ease worry, just like my Walker does , there's always that bit of adjustment before you see it prevent something or make things easier and really rate it..

Forum Member
    Awww thank you Ellie, your so right, heís always checking Iím OK and every slight cough I have, heís a rabbit in headlights, heís worrying about me and Iím worrying about him worrying too much lol, we are a right pair
    Iím dreading the drinking more and more, Cat, Iíve had similar concerns about the procedure but I must admit my worry multiple times a day of wondering if this mouthful will cause a spasm and make me block my airway/ throat or aspiration that gives me a chest infection, Iím so fed up of feeling like this that Iím ready to do whatís necessary to ease the pressure off myself, fingers crossed.
    As Iím newly diagnosed, Iíve been told there is a group locally and there was no meet in August so first meet is the 24th September, my Speech and language therapist explained that many members are not near my age however I explained that some days I feel 100 and some days Iím 21 again so Iíll love to meet anyone of any age because I believe we are as young or as old as we feel, I have no idea how to PM but itís nice to meet you