• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kayleigh
    Forum Member
    • Nov 2018

Originally posted by Terry View Post
    Hi Dina;

I'm watching paint drying, far more exiting but it would probably keep you awake.

Seems like we have similar lack of interests.

Love Terry
    Hi Terry and Dina,

Just wondering, does your similar lack of interests extend to all classic TV game shows?

If it doesn't, you might be as excited as I am about the revamp of 'Supermarket Sweep'. If you are fans of the show and have been missing it as much as I have, you will be pleased to know that there will be a new series starting tomorrow evening on ITV2!!

We could even start an off-topic thread 'Supermarket Sweep Fan Club' if you like?? LOL

It's going to be very exciting to see it return to TV after such a long time and I hope you both enjoy watching it tomorrow as much as I will!!!

Love Kayleigh x

Comment

• Ellie
      Forum Member
      • Oct 2012

Are there any game shows you don't like Kayleigh??

Tipping Point is about as low as I'll go, but it IS strangely watchable

I find Richard Osman's House of Games a bit tedious, just because it's slow and has no jazzy music

But, at a push, I'd watch most things, even Supermarket Sweep!!

Love Ellie.
      ​Diagnosed 2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
      Significant bulbar impairment - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV - Eye gaze user

Comment

• Kayleigh
        Forum Member
        • Nov 2018

Originally posted by Ellie View Post
        Surely the most riveting TV these days is on BBC Parliament !!!!

(No political discussions pleeeese )

I don't know what would send you off to sleep tonight Dina - cricket highlights perhaps??

Hope you're healing well.

Love Ellie.
        Hi Ellie and Dina,

Watching serious stuff like politics isn't really my cup of tea (no surprise there LOL). However, I don't mind keeping up to date with the latest political psychic speculation LOL ........

Apparently, 'Psychic Crazy Kayleigh' and her crystal football (well, this is the football thread! LOL) have predicted a No Deal BREXIT!!! However, I understand that one of her competitors, 'Psychic Silly Billy', has predicted that the World will end at 11.59pm on the night before Halloween - and so the question of whether it's 'Deal or No Deal?' on 31 October probably won't matter at all!!! LOL.

Well, thats definitely enough serious political debate for me!!! LOL... and TTFN, as it's time for me to watch the second half of Tipping Point on ITV!

Love and hugs,
        Kayleigh x
        Last edited by Kayleigh; 8 September 2019, 16:41.

Comment

• Kayleigh
          Forum Member
          • Nov 2018

Originally posted by Ellie View Post
          Are there any game shows you don't like Kayleigh??

Tipping Point is about as low as I'll go, but it IS strangely watchable

I find Richard Osman's House of Games a bit tedious, just because it's slow and has no jazzy music

But, at a push, I'd watch most things, even Supermarket Sweep!!

Love Ellie.
          Hi Ellie,

I haven't seen that quiz show with Richard Osman. Perhaps it clashes with The Chase at 6pm on ITV +1?

I always watch The Chase after Pointless (no surprise there LOL ) and it means I can avoid watching the boring 6 o'clock news - and watching that definitely would make me doze off!! LOL

Love Kayleigh

Comment

• Ellie
            Forum Member
            • Oct 2012

LOL Kayleigh, yes exactly!! It's on at 6pm when the Eggheads go to recharge their scrambled brains (pun intended)

There are some episodes on YouTube if you're bored some morning or lunchtime - or at 1am as an alternative to all those shopping channels, night owl that you are

Enjoy your night's viewing.

Love Ellie.
            ​Diagnosed 2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
            Significant bulbar impairment - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV - Eye gaze user

Comment

• Kayleigh
              Forum Member
              • Nov 2018

Hi Ellie,

Thank you for kindly eggspanding my knowledge and enlightening me about the Eggheads.

Those Eggheads are so eggstraordinarily intelligent that I think watching them might be eggstremely challenging for me -and my quail's egg sized brain would probably get over-eggserted and scrambled eggstra quickly!! LOL

All this eggy talk has made me eggseptionally peckish ... and, amazingly, my hubby (aka 'Psychic Silly Billy') must have read my mind! - I'm eggsited to see that he's made me an eggsotic snack (a toasted creme egg sandwich) and a rather eggstravagant drink (eggnog) LOL

I hope you and your family are having an enjoyable evening,

Love Kayleigh x
              Last edited by Kayleigh; 8 September 2019, 18:35.

Comment

• Terry
                Forum Member
                • May 2012

Hi Kayleigh;

You have gone down in my estimations, that's pretty hard to do as you were already at the bottom. LOL

Reason I don't like quiz games is because I never know any answers, guess I was never educated.

Nice evening here, Lamb roast coming soon and watching the motor racing F1. probably much too exiting for most of yous.

Love Terry
                TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Comment

• Kayleigh
                  Forum Member
                  • Nov 2018

Originally posted by Terry View Post
                  Hi Kayleigh;

You have gone down in my estimations, that's pretty hard to do as you were already at the bottom. LOL

Reason I don't like quiz games is because I never know any answers, guess I was never educated.

Nice evening here, Lamb roast coming soon and watching the motor racing F1. probably much too exiting for most of yous.

Love Terry
                  I know you love me really TC! - otherwise, why do you keep sending me DVDs of my favourite Top Cat cartoons? - and even more generous than that, you kindly PM'd me with free membership of the 'Top Cat and Benny Fan Club '! LOL

In return for your kindness, I was going to arrange for you to have half price membership of the 'Supermarket Sweep Fan Club' (due to high demand, I think that asking for free membership would be pushing your luck!! LOL). Furthermore, I was going to send you my video cassette recordings of all the original Supermarket Sweep episodes (hopefully you still have a VCR player amongst your extensive collection of gadgets!). LOL

Your dinner sounds good - how about swapping half of your lamb roast dinner for half of my toasted creme egg sandwich and a few sips of my eggnog??? LOL

Love Kayleigh x

P.S I thought a cool cat like you would prefer to watch Formula E (it's much more exciting than the outdated Formula 1!! LOL )
                  Last edited by Kayleigh; 8 September 2019, 18:52.

Comment

• Gillette
                    Forum Member
                    • Mar 2019

Originally posted by Kayleigh View Post
                    Hi Terry and Dina,

Just wondering, does your similar lack of interests extend to all classic TV game shows?

If it doesn't, you might be as excited as I am about the revamp of 'Supermarket Sweep'. If you are fans of the show and have been missing it as much as I have, you will be pleased to know that there will be a new series starting tomorrow evening on ITV2!!

We could even start an off-topic thread 'Supermarket Sweep Fan Club' if you like?? LOL

It's going to be very exciting to see it return to TV after such a long time and I hope you both enjoy watching it tomorrow as much as I will!!!

Love Kayleigh x
                    Hi Kayleigh,

One of the nurses told me a few minutes ago about the return of Supermarket Sweep - she was definitely more excited about it than I could even pretend to be. However we did get into an interesting debate about the relative qualities of The Generation Game and Play Your Cards Right. The debate didn't last long, though, as we couldn't think of any qualities.

I think you should go ahead and enjoy the quiz shows. After all, they're nowhere near as bad as Terry's all-time favourite television programme... Crossroads. Apparently he would watch it every day waiting for the Formula 1 cars to drive through the crossroads!
                    Dina

Trying to keep positive, but not always managing.

Comment

• Kayleigh
                      Forum Member
                      • Nov 2018

Hi Dina,

I'm a fan of any show starring the late great Bruce Forsythe (and, yes, I even enjoyed watching Play Your Cards Right! LOL).

You and Terry might be familiar with Crossroads but that was way before my time LOL! I am a fan of soaps though (no surprise there! LOL) and I wasn't pleased when the soap 'El Dorado' was taken off TV after only one year of broadcasting from 1992 to 1993. I enjoyed watching it and It wasn't that bad really!! LOL

Love Kayleigh x

Comment

• Terry
                        Forum Member
                        • May 2012

Hi Dina and Kayleigh;

Very funny, it made me smile. Years and years ago I did watch Cross Roads sometimes. I to was very surprised when they stopped El Dorado, it would have been a success. I think it started slowly but it takes a while for people to get used to new things.

Good to have some conversations about other things with the nurses.

Love Terry
                        TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Comment

• Kayleigh
                          Forum Member
                          • Nov 2018

Hi Terry,

I can let you off not being a fan of all the other TV shows I like, now that I know you quite liked El Dorado!

I think that the soap El Dorado was what some people would call an acquired taste - and I think you are right, that it was taken off air too soon! Having said that, most of the people I know haven't even heard of it LOL

I enjoyed finishing off my creme egg toastie - some might say that's an acquired taste too, but I quite like it dipped in warm custard! LOL

I hope you enjoyed your roast dinner.

Love and hugs,
                          Kayleigh x

Comment

• Gillette
                            Forum Member
                            • Mar 2019

Hi Kayleigh,

I'm very excited at the prospect of finally being recognised as a fully-fledged member of the El Dorado fan club. **jumps up & down squealing delightedly.

I must also admit to being a fan of University Challenge. I don't think there is anything to beat Jeremy Paxman's reaction when someone offers a ridiculously wrong answer.
                            Dina

Trying to keep positive, but not always managing.

Comment

• Terry
                              Forum Member
                              • May 2012

Hi Dina;

Can't remember much about the soap, El Dorado but I believe it was fairly nice and set in a nice sunny place. It was getting popular when it axed.

Like news papers, only bad news ones survive. Must say something for the british public or maybe the whole world.

Love Terry

Comment

• Jer788
                                Forum Member
                                • Sep 2018

Haha, sounds like everyone could get on Gogglebox. This Freeview is good but repetitive and the commercials AGH.
                                LOVE JERRY X

Comment

Working...
                                X