Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Football

Enjoyed England beating Bulgaria 4 -0.

The Aussie’s have taken the ashes and I agree with CC that American football is painful to watch. All those adverts!!

Barry
    Iím going to do this even if it kills me!

Forum Member
    and its endless Barry three hours or longer sometimes if it goes into overtime

Big guys padded up so they even bigger they run down field for 1 minute with the ball then stop and break for 10 minutes only to repeat this procedure for the entire three hours! and then throw in all the commercials and its just tortuous to watch, why I never do lol

Baseball is even worse! its just as slow moving ! When I was dating my husband he got tickets for a Yankee game for us. I told him I hate baseball no thank you take a buddy or something. But he insisted I would really 'love' the game more if I watched it live in the stadium.

I told him no I wouldn't, but went anyway. I took a little nap behind my sunglasses during the game and then when woke up I started reading a book I brought with me as my back up plan to get through the game. My husband said to me as if he was horrified when I started reading my book "Your not seriously reading a book when the Yankees are up !!???" I said to him "Yes I am" Our very first and last baseball game together...Thank God! lol

xox

Quote Originally Posted by Kayleigh View Post
    Don't doze off yet Dina! - don't you want to watch 'Britain's Got Talent -.The Champions' on ITV??

Love Kayleigh x
    Oh, Kayleigh, thank you so much for reminding me about it. I was all set to watch it but then came across a box of pins that were just the right size to poke in my eyeballs. I'm afraid it was no contest! Ha ha ha!
    Dina

Trying to keep positive, but not always managing.

Quote Originally Posted by ccinjersey View Post
    Hi Terry, Dina

If you really want to get to sleep watch American football.

CCxox
    Hi CC,

I did try watching American Football once but ended up in a coma which it took me 11 1/2 months to come out of! Ha ha ha!
    Dina

Trying to keep positive, but not always managing.

Surely the most riveting TV these days is on BBC Parliament !!!!

(No political discussions pleeeese )

I don't know what would send you off to sleep tonight Dina - cricket highlights perhaps??

Hope you're healing well.

Love Ellie.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    Hi Dina;

I'm watching paint drying, far more exiting but it would probably keep you awake.

Seems like we have similar lack of interests.

Love Terry
    Hi Terry and Dina,

Just wondering, does your similar lack of interests extend to all classic TV game shows?

If it doesn't, you might be as excited as I am about the revamp of 'Supermarket Sweep'. If you are fans of the show and have been missing it as much as I have, you will be pleased to know that there will be a new series starting tomorrow evening on ITV2!!

We could even start an off-topic thread 'Supermarket Sweep Fan Club' if you like?? LOL

It's going to be very exciting to see it return to TV after such a long time and I hope you both enjoy watching it tomorrow as much as I will!!!

Love Kayleigh x

Are there any game shows you don't like Kayleigh??

Tipping Point is about as low as I'll go, but it IS strangely watchable

I find Richard Osman's House of Games a bit tedious, just because it's slow and has no jazzy music

But, at a push, I'd watch most things, even Supermarket Sweep!!

Love Ellie.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellie View Post
    Surely the most riveting TV these days is on BBC Parliament !!!!

(No political discussions pleeeese )

I don't know what would send you off to sleep tonight Dina - cricket highlights perhaps??

Hope you're healing well.

Love Ellie.
    Hi Ellie and Dina,

Watching serious stuff like politics isn't really my cup of tea (no surprise there LOL). However, I don't mind keeping up to date with the latest political psychic speculation LOL ........

Apparently, 'Psychic Crazy Kayleigh' and her crystal football (well, this is the football thread! LOL) have predicted a No Deal BREXIT!!! However, I understand that one of her competitors, 'Psychic Silly Billy', has predicted that the World will end at 11.59pm on the night before Halloween - and so the question of whether it's 'Deal or No Deal?' on 31 October probably won't matter at all!!! LOL.

Well, thats definitely enough serious political debate for me!!! LOL... and TTFN, as it's time for me to watch the second half of Tipping Point on ITV!

Love and hugs,
    Kayleigh x
    Last edited by Kayleigh; 8th September 2019 at 18:41.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellie View Post
    Are there any game shows you don't like Kayleigh??

Tipping Point is about as low as I'll go, but it IS strangely watchable

I find Richard Osman's House of Games a bit tedious, just because it's slow and has no jazzy music

But, at a push, I'd watch most things, even Supermarket Sweep!!

Love Ellie.
    Hi Ellie,

I haven't seen that quiz show with Richard Osman. Perhaps it clashes with The Chase at 6pm on ITV +1?

I always watch The Chase after Pointless (no surprise there LOL ) and it means I can avoid watching the boring 6 o'clock news - and watching that definitely would make me doze off!! LOL

Love Kayleigh

LOL Kayleigh, yes exactly!! It's on at 6pm when the Eggheads go to recharge their scrambled brains (pun intended)

There are some episodes on YouTube if you're bored some morning or lunchtime - or at 1am as an alternative to all those shopping channels, night owl that you are

Enjoy your night's viewing.

Love Ellie.