Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Quick hi & intro!

Forum Member
    Hi Sarah and welcome to the forum,

I am so sorry for your diagnosis and I imagine, after just a month you are still reeling from the shock. It's good you've posted because this is a great place for support and practical advice. You seem to have a positive and proactive approach , and that will really help you too.

I found the early days and the contact with the MND team totally overwhelming because there was so much advice but now my physio, nurse and OT are on my favourites contacts ( even if I am not on theres !) They are always there no matter how small the problem so I hope you get this support in place too.

Take Care of yourself , Sarah and Sue too.
    Love Debbie x

Forum Member
    Thanks so much Debbie. Youre absolutely right - all the health visits we e had has been somewhat overwhelming- as welcome as they all are. Im in Cardiff and will have access to an MND clinic so will receive excellent support, for which I am so grateful.

Staying upright is becoming more of an issue as Im increasingly unsteady on my feet. My OT is coming next week to discuss options with me.

Thanks again for your welcome. Xx

Forum Member
    Hello Sarah. Hope you, and Sue, can stay positive, that really is a hugely important thing if you can do it. My pet dogs also help in that regard. My walking and balance are terrible, but, getting towards 8 years now and my hands and arms are good, and no dramatic changes, so there is hope. I use a boot scooter, which we can take out in the car, not too heavy, and does 14 miles on a battery charge.
    Love Olivia.

Forum Member
    Hi Olivia. Thank you so much for the advice - & for giving me hope! Im looking into a scooter for the same reason and that sounds perfect. Were staying as positive as possible, not least as Im learning that my mental state significantly affects my physical state. Thanks again for the hope. Love, Sarah xx

Forum Member
    I love to hear any positve stories!! I have a little scooter as well, but I am finding the wheelchair a little more comfortable now. I have to stay more positive as I get bad anxiety.
    Love Sheila x

Hi Sarah and welcome to the forum,

Sorry to hear of your recent diagnosis and all of us know how difficult that is.

I had a gogo plus Pride scooter and a larger one that I used to use around the lanes.

It all depends on what you want it for and how you will use it. If you want to put it in a car then a smaller one would be probably best.

Please feel free to ask any questions or share things with us.

Best wishes, Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Forum Member
    My wheelchair arrived today - the manual one. Looking forward to giving it a spin. So to speak! 😂

Forum Member
    Thanks Terry. I want a scooter for pootling around the shops & accompany my wife on dog walks. Theres a place nearby which sells, hires & also has reconditioned ones so were going to check that out soon. Thanks for your tips! xx