Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: No PEG admission

Hi Wailywoo,

I'm sorry you're having such a difficult time. Please do remember to take care of yourself.

Regarding your husband's weight, have you had help and advice from a dietician? Have you tried things like adding cream, butter and/or egg to mashed potato and other foods? Or adding cheese to dishes? So, rather than offering something different, you're enriching the foods he does eat.
    Dina

Trying to keep positive, but not always managing.

Forum Member
    Hi,

I am so sorry I haven’t been back on here to respond to your later posts. Hubby was admitted into our local hospital on Wednesday following difficulties with swallowing and not eating for a few days. He was unable to swallow at all and his PEG was rescheduled for 14th October following there being no bed availability on 23rd September.

I’m afraid he will not be going for that appointment as he past away around noon today following problems with his breathing after being diagnosed with pneumonia. They gave him a nasal gastric tube and were going to give him some nourishment today, but he took a dive and left us. We are all devastated as we weren’t expecting him to go so soon. We had been working hard getting a downstairs bedroom and wet room ready for him to use and he will now never use them. It’s so sad.

I just wanted to let you know and thank you for all of your support, kind words and useful information.

Sending love and best wishes to you all.

Wailywoo xxx

I just wanted to say thank you so much for

Oh Wailywoo, I am so very sorry for your loss - heartfelt condolences to you.

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us at this very difficult time.

Your husband was a lucky man to have you in his life and I'm sorry he was taken away from you so suddenly and brutally.

I wish you much strength over the coming months and hope you have good family support.

Take care,
    Love Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Hi Wailywoo;

I'm so sorry to hear of your husband sudden passing, it is such a shock.

Hugs, Terry

Dear Wailywoo,

I'm so sorry your beloved husband has passed away. He was a very brave gentleman and you always looked after him lovingly, making sure he was made as comfortable as possible. I expect he was very proud of you for everything you did to help and support him, despite all the very difficult challenges you faced due to his ill-health.

You are a very kind and caring lady and thank you for thoughtfully letting us know about the very sad news today.

My sincere condolences to you and your family.

RIP Wailywoo's husband.

Love to you and your family, Wailywoo,

Kayleigh x
    Last edited by Kayleigh; 5th October 2019 at 23:22.

Wailywoo, I am so sorry for the sudden loss of your husband which was such a dreadful shock for you all. I send my heartfelt condolences to you and your family and wish you strength and courage to face the challenges ahead.

Thank you for thinking of us on the forum and for taking the time and trouble to let us know of his passing.
    Dina

Trying to keep positive, but not always managing.

Oh dear, so sorry for your husbands passing Wallywoo. Sending you love and hugs, Lynne
    ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my ballance.
    I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Forum Member
    I am so sorry for your loss. Such a sudden shock.
    Sending you love to you and your family.
    Sheila.

Hello Wallywoo,

I’m sorry to hear that your husband has succumbed to this dreadful disease and please accept my condolences. I hope you have family and friends supporting you at this time of mourning.

Best wishes,
    Barry
    Iím going to do this even if it kills me!

So sorry for your loss