Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Today's adventure

Steve is in hospital again. He came home for a week and ended up back in with his infection coming back and respiratory failure.. we thought it was the end but but miraculously he has made a good recovery and only on his nippy at nighttime..

Steve is in an acute ward that 2 bays of 4 beds. 1 each for men and women and 4 side rooms. At one time there were 3 men and 2 women with MND in the ward.

At the moment you would call him a bed blocker!! He has been waiting for a care package for nearly 2 weeks now. I have taken his wheelchair in and we go for jaunts around the 3 different cafes and weather permitting a little walk outside. I have downloaded some programmes onto the iPad and I am taking his eye gaze in today as he is so bored.

They have tried to move him to another ward while we wait but his needs are too high and no one will take him. The physio and his MND team are opposing the move too. I can understand they would like him to move as he is taking up an expensive bed.

Hope you get home soon too Dina. It is so frustrating waiting for things to be put in place.

Sue

Sorry to hear that Steve is back in hospital, Sue.

Hope his care package is quickly sorted and he's back home with you soon.

Love Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Thank you, Sue. Yes it is frustrating waiting for the wheels to grind. Every week the timescale for me getting home seems to extend by a week. Hmph. I'm sorry that Steve has been so unwell and been hospitalised but good to know he has recovered so well.

You should have invaded the ward, Ironwill. We could have had a welcome party! There are at least four MND patients in here at the moment.

While I was touring the ward this evening I accosted a lady, whom I had noticed had been at Douglas's (Dis1960's) bedside. I just asked "Are you Chrissie?" and her reply was "Dina!". It was lovely to meet her. I've invited her to my bedside any time she wants to grumble or even if she doesn't want to grumble!
    Dina

Trying to keep positive, but not always managing.

Hi Sue,

Hope Steve is more comfortable now. It's not hard to see why there are not so many beds in hospitals, a lot of it is because there is not so much care in the community.

Good to hear that you are getting him out and about.

Love Terry

Hi Dina,

Shame that you didn't manage to see ironwill, it would have been so nice. Hope chrissie pops in and sees you.

Good to hear that you are still touring.

Wheelchair services do go to people's homes, so I don't see any reason that they can't see you at the hospital. Email Mnda Connect and see if they can help and arrange it.

I will send you a tape measure if that's the only problem.

Love Terry

[QUOTE=Sueb;92715]Steve is in hospital again.

They have tried to move him to another ward while we wait but his needs are too high and no one will take him. The physio and his MND team are opposing the move too. I can understand they would like him to move as he is taking up an expensive bed.

Hi Sue,

I am sorry to hear that Steve has been taken back to hospital but happy to hear that he has rallied round. I’m pleased to hear that the MND team are supporting him so my guess is he is at QMC. I am going there tomorrow for an appointment with the fracture team where I hope they will give me the all clear following my fall so I will try to find Steve and have a catch up.

Best wishes,
    Barry x
    Iím going to do this even if it kills me!

Hi Terry,

Usually Wheelchair Services do come to the house. They did tell me why they needed me to attend the clinic but I canít remember the reason as so much has happened since then.

Hi Barry

he is in D56 it’s in south block

Sue

Forum Member
    Hope you enjoyed your eggsalad

Quote Originally Posted by Dis1960 View Post
    Hope you enjoyed your eggsalad
    Ha ha ha ha ha! Well, I certainly enjoyed complaining to the chap from Sodexo.
    Dina

Trying to keep positive, but not always managing.