Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Muscle spasms

Dina - just as fit as your wonderful name sake, the very talented Ms Asher Smith.

Hope your sense of humour stays with you for the next few weeks as, by the sound of it, you'll need every last bit of it (or up the Oramorph and start Gabapentin)

My heart goes out to you, Lovely Lady.

Big hairy hug,
    Ellie X
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Thank you for the hug, Ellie. Much appreciated. I have to admit that I'm a bit fed up as I have five niggly problems (well, some of them are causing a lot of discomfort), apart from the muscle spasms, for which I'm having all sorts of medications, including changes of antibiotics.

Just at the moment, all I want to do is scream "It's not fair" and stamp my feet!
    Dina

Trying to keep positive, but not always managing.

Hi Dina;

Can't blame you for feeling like that. I wish that I could stamp my feet, I can sort of scream but no one hears it.

Hugs, Terry

Dina, you are absolutely right re the 'niggly' issues.

An MND related issue which nearly tipped me was that one of my big toes is contracted due to the MND (bent downwards), which stresses the nail bed and caused me continuous problems. In the end I said Off with that troublesome nail, so off it came and problem solved - albeit

And, because life goes on and we get the usual health issues, I currently have an ovarian cyst, which is a non-MND inconvenience I could do without!!

It's the combination of several niggly issues which can make life even harder to cope with. I am lucky though, in that I am at home with my dog snoring beside me and my lovely carers looking after me ...

Hope you have a relatively good day today.

Love Ellie.

Forum Member
    Oh Dina, you are absolutely entitled to want to scream and stamp your feet. You have had such a rough time lately.

I really hope you get some of your " niggles " sorted soon and that things look up for you. I also hope you get home before too long.

Thinking of you and sending hugs,
    Love Debbie x

Hi i used to get severe leg spasms or juddering as i would call it mostly at night when in bed and relaxed they would start i was given botox injections every 3 months 2 in the thigh 2 in the calf and 2 in the ankle and it did the trick they completely stopped that was 5yrs ago i'm still having them now

Hi Ellie, you aren't alone about your ovarian cyst. I was 5 months pregnant with my first child when they took out a huge one, 5. 5 inches by 2. 5 inches I was told. Are you going to have yours removed? When I had it, it was a deep general anaesthetic. Well at least it was supposed to be. I was aware throughout. Modern anaesthetics are much better and key hole surgeries for lots of procedures. Lynne
    Last edited by Lynne K; 17th October 2019 at 09:51.
    ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my ballance.
    I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Thanks Lynne.

I'm in a "Watchful Waiting" stage at the moment and is being monitored with scans.

It has grown but thankfully not too painful - it's my current niggle. I can't have a general anaesthetic and hope it behaves itself by shrinking or disappearing, I don't fancy the thoughts of any op!

They are usually removed by keyhole surgery these days, under a general, but I'd need an epidural if I were to have it removed - fingers crossed it won't come to that.

On the plus side, at least the scan didn't show that I'm pregnant

Take care Lynne.

Love Ellie.

Forum Member
    Hi Ellie
    Do hope you get it sorted and without too much pain. Bonus you are not pregnant!!!!

Judy x