X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pookies brook
    Forum Member
    • Sep 2013

Hi i used to get severe leg spasms or juddering as i would call it mostly at night when in bed and relaxed they would start i was given botox injections every 3 months 2 in the thigh 2 in the calf and 2 in the ankle and it did the trick they completely stopped that was 5yrs ago i'm still having them now

Comment

• Lynne K
      Forum Member
      • Nov 2017

Hi Ellie, you aren't alone about your ovarian cyst. I was 5 months pregnant with my first child when they took out a huge one, 5. 5 inches by 2. 5 inches I was told. Are you going to have yours removed? When I had it, it was a deep general anaesthetic. Well at least it was supposed to be. I was aware throughout. Modern anaesthetics are much better and key hole surgeries for lots of procedures. Lynne
      Last edited by Lynne K; 17 October 2019, 07:51.
      ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

• Ellie
        Forum Member
        • Oct 2012

Thanks Lynne.

I'm in a "Watchful Waiting" stage at the moment and is being monitored with scans.

It has grown but thankfully not too painful - it's my current niggle. I can't have a general anaesthetic and hope it behaves itself by shrinking or disappearing, I don't fancy the thoughts of any op!

They are usually removed by keyhole surgery these days, under a general, but I'd need an epidural if I were to have it removed - fingers crossed it won't come to that.

On the plus side, at least the scan didn't show that I'm pregnant

Take care Lynne.

Love Ellie.
        ​Diagnosed 2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
        Significant bulbar impairment - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV - Eye gaze user

Comment

• Jude11
          Forum Member
          • Jul 2019

Hi Ellie
          Do hope you get it sorted and without too much pain. Bonus you are not pregnant!!!!

Judy x

Comment

Working...
          X