Page 20 of 34 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Celebrate the GOOD THINGS

Thanks Judy. Same for you, sleep well and take care, Lynne xx
    ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my ballance.
    I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry52 View Post
    I was sorting out my store cupboard yesterday since I donít do much fancy cooking now and I discovered herbs, spices, nuts and flour that had best before 2011. My waste bin smells of aromatic spices now.

Love,
    Barry
    I guess you might not have any out-of-date salt or pepper Barry. But what about your jars of 'Five Spice'? LOL ....

http://https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OnQTDO8lL8I

Love
    Kayleigh

Quote Originally Posted by Hayls View Post
    My good news well, I think itís hilarious but I think itís my EL as it is still causing havoc, Iím finding new things I CANíT do everyday but the best one yet is Eye Spy ) I get so overwhelmed when I think I have the answer, Iím hysterically laughing to the point I canít breathe or use what little use of my arms I have yet and Iím crying with laughter, I realised this after being stuck in a traffic jam in a car park for an hour and 40 minutes, it had everyone entertained at least )
    I think itís brilliant that you have found a positive in your EL, Hayls. Well done.
    Dina

Trying to keep positive, but not always managing.

I had a fabulous time yesterday: the entertainment was good, the food and drink delicious, and wonderful company. I saw so many lovely friends and the whole thing has given me a tremendous boost. The icing on the cake was that the Festival organisers won a local culture award last night.
    Dina

Trying to keep positive, but not always managing.

Today I am cheered up. The sun is shining and Kayleigh has made me laugh with her post of Michael McIntyre. I am also happy to hear that Dina had a wonderful day yesterday. You can’t get better than spending time with friends at a social event.

Love,
    Barry
    Iím going to do this even if it kills me!

I'm glad that you've had a good time Dina.
    Last edited by Lynne K; 10th November 2019 at 14:48.
    ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my ballance.
    I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Forum Member
    So glad you had a lovely time Dina.. It sounds great !

My good thing for today is that I have been to my son's house for brunch and managed to get in with the new ramps. Yippee ! Even better they insisted on cooking Christmas lunch !

Love Debbie x

Debbie, that's a definite Win-Win for you (and the ramp )
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

So glad you got a boost from your day out yesterday Dina - richly deserved.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayls View Post
    My good news well, I think it’s hilarious but I think it’s my EL as it is still causing havoc, I’m finding new things I CAN’T do everyday but the best one yet is Eye Spy ) I get so overwhelmed when I think I have the answer, I’m hysterically laughing to the point I can’t breathe or use what little use of my arms I have yet and I’m crying with laughter, I realised this after being stuck in a traffic jam in a car park for an hour and 40 minutes, it had everyone entertained at least )
    Hello Hayls

It was lovely to hear from you yesterday. Your post made me chuckle and it brought back happy memories of playing I Spy during car journeys with my family when I was a child. And sometimes we played it outside the car, when the car had broken down and we were waiting for the AA! (it might just be my imagination but I don't think cars were so reliable in the 1970's?? LOL).

I have played I Spy more recently though.

Last Summer, I was having lunch with a friend outside the cafe at our local park, when she said:-

"I Spy with my little eye something beginning with c i "
    "c i what?" I asked, and she replied
    "c i ate the last doughnut!!" LOL

Then it was my turn ...

"OK, I Spy with my little eye something beginning with i c "
    "i c what?"
    "i c a b buzzing around the sugar on your knee - and, watch out, because i c a q as well!!"
    "I think I know? - is it the q for the ladies' loo?" LOL
    "No, because I Spy that there is only one lady waiting - and that doesn't constitute a q! But I do Spy a very long q of ants, that goes down all the way down to Australia, and it starts at your very sugar-laden can of 7UP!" LOL

I hope you and your husband are having a lovely day.

Love,
    Kayleigh x
    Last edited by Kayleigh; 10th November 2019 at 19:49.