Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Celebrate the GOOD THINGS

Quote Originally Posted by Ellie View Post
    And what ever happened to Cadbury's Snowflake bars??

Love Ellie.
    I couldn't find any of those Snowflake bars Ellie - they must have completely melted away -permanently! (I don't know why - perhaps it's something to do with global warming?)

Even when 4,000 people (and perhaps some of them were even from the 'Snowflake Generation'!) signed a petition, Cadbury's said there-snow way they are coming back! I know it's very disappointing - and it-snow joke! LOL

And talking of jokes (you didn't think you'd get away from my variety of corn that quickly, did you? LOL) ....

- Why did the child only wear one snowboot to school?
    Because the weatherman said there was only a 50% chance of snow! LOL

What is an ig?
    - A house made of snow and ice that doesn't have a loo! LOL

- How do you know when a snowman has been in your home?
    There's a carrot, scarf, hat and some small twigs ... on a damp patch next to your fire! LOL

Love to you and your family,
    Kayleigh x

Quote Originally Posted by Gillette View Post
    As I grew up Marathon usurped it. (I refuse to call it Sn*ckers - such a vulgar word, Dahlink!
    It's still called a Marathon in my house as well Dina. And as for the new name for it, I don't think its appropriate - because what has chocolate got to do with a type of footwear or ladies undies? (and if anyone snikkers about my opinion on this issue, I think it is very impolite! LOL)

Love Kayleigh x
    Last edited by Kayleigh; 21st October 2019 at 01:33.

I'm beginning to wonder if you are indulging in illegal substances, Kayleigh, with the number and extreme corniness of your jokes. Ha ha ha.
    Dina

Trying to keep positive, but not always managing.

Great poem Kayleigh and I think you have us all weighed up.

Dina I think as teenagers we all did something naughty but I’m not into confessing.

Love,
    Barry
    Iím going to do this even if it kills me!

Forum Member
    hi every one. I joined four years ago but was so busy doing stuff I have not been on line. now I am not mobile I have a gridpad with eye gaze. this is a brilliant device and to celebrate life I am writing a little bit each day about my life and all the wonderful times I have had. I will let the family see it one day but it's my secret for now. it will be a written celebration of the good things in my lifetime.

Hi Allan and a warm welcome to you,

I like your positive attitude. Reading your introductory post today has encouraged me to try and focus on the good things in life and to make the most of the time I share with my family.

I remember Doug, in one of his posts yesterday, saying that MND can't take away our past and how enjoyable it can be to reminisce, especially about much happier times. That's so true and I think it's wonderful that you are writing your memoirs. It's a very thoughtful, precious and lasting gift for your loved ones. Undoubtably your memoirs will be enjoyed and treasured by them, as well as by future generations of your family.

Thank you for kindly sharing your positive experience of using Eye Gaze. I am always interested to find out about any equipment or technology, that although I don't currently need, might be very useful for me in future.

It's very re-assuring to know from you (and other forum members, including Ellie) about technology, such Eye Gaze, that will enable me to carry on doing many things I enjoy - including retail therapy (using the Internet for online shopping is one of my favourite past-times!) and communicating online with family and friends (including the many wonderful people I am blessed to know in this forum family!).

I find that everyone here is very friendly and supportive. I hope you feel welcome to contribute further posts to the forum, if you would like to.

Very best wishes,
    Kayleigh
    Last edited by Kayleigh; 22nd October 2019 at 01:57.

Hi Allan and welcome to the forum. This is a great place to share information, ask advice and have a moan.

It's interesting to know you have Gridpad as I'm having it installed in November. I may be seeking help from you.

Lovely idea celebrating the good things in your life.
    Dina

Trying to keep positive, but not always managing.

Hi Allan, welcome to forums. It's good to hear of your technology experiences. Good luck with your memoirs. I'm sure that everybody who reads them will be wowed by your positivity and grateful for you having taken the trouble to write about your life experiences. Lynne
    ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my ballance.
    I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Quote Originally Posted by Gillette View Post
    I'm beginning to wonder if you are indulging in illegal substances, Kayleigh, with the number and extreme corniness of your jokes. Ha ha ha.
    Ha, ha, ha, Dina. No legal substances! (I promise!) - just 100% legal Riluzole! Although, the prescription charges for it are certainly criminal! LOL

Just wanted to put the record straight because LOL:-

1. I don't want hear a 'bingo number 4' from the Forum's Constabulary! LOL

2. I don't want to lose my well-deserved place as the Forum's Number One 'Goody Two Shoes! LOL LOL

3. And I definitely don't want to lose my place as the Forum's very own 'Angel in Disguise'! (and my halo is positively overflowing with LOL's about that!!!!) :

I know you were only joking Dina, and because you appreciate my style of banter (nearly as much as I appreciate yours!!), here is another dose (and just for you, I've enriched it with some extra corn, to make it more potent!)....

To be honest I can't tell if the Riluzole is working well for me, but perhaps a side effect of it is that it's a very effective fertiliser for my particular variety of corn! LOL

This year my cornfield is providing me with a bumper harvest of 'Kayleigh's Cracking Jokes' (which this season, you will pleased to know, include plenty of extra-corny corn and extremely cheesey cheese!) - and (to add to the chance of chuckles) my crop, 'Kayleigh's Best Banter', is a 'Brucey Bonus' -and its brimming with bucket-loads of brilliantly bountiful 'Bants'!

Hugs,
    Kayleigh x
    Last edited by Kayleigh; 21st October 2019 at 21:44.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry52 View Post
    Great poem Kayleigh and I think you have us all weighed up.

Dina I think as teenagers we all did something naughty but Iím not into confessing.

Love,
    Barry
    Thank you kindly
    Barry,
    for being such a
    sweetie,
    and complimenting me so
    generously!

I have to admit that
    secretly,
    you are the key to unlocking my
    poetry,