Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Celebrate the GOOD THINGS

Forum Member
    Nice to see your positive news Dina

Monday’s good thing was that a black cloud lifted because of the loving support of a very close friend.

Don’t forget, this thread is for anyone to share any good thing, no matter how large or how small.
    Dina

Trying to keep positive, but not always managing.

Tuesday’s good thing was being given a huge hug by my favourite staff member at the hospital M&S Food branch when she happened to see me elsewhere in the hospital this afternoon. Plus two of the baristas in Costa greeted me like an old friend. They gave me a lovely warm glow, which wasn’t all due to the coffee!
    Dina

Forum Member
    I love the good news thread!

My good thing for this month is that my son and his lovely wife had the steps in their garden removed and a ramp built. ( I have not been able to get in their house for more than two years)

It was meant to be a surprise but I smelt a rat when they borrowed one of my wheelchairs for the builder to try. ( yes I should have been a detective, ) They even lit sparklers on the side of the ramp when I first went in so I felt like a jungle celebrity.

Its kept a smile on my face.
    Hoping others have some good things to smile at,
    Love Debbie x

That's great to hear about Debbie and thank you for kindly sharing your good news with us.

It's amazing how liberating a ramp can be for us, as it's often impossible to visit family and friends in their homes without one.

I hope you enjoy lots of regular visits to your family and it's great that the ramp was organised well before any festive family celebrations start.

Love and best wishes to you and your family,
    Kayleigh x
    Last edited by Kayleigh; 6th November 2019 at 23:47.

That is definitely a Good Thing, Debbie.

How special are they to do that and sparklers for its inaugural use too!! Mind you, you're a special lady.

Lots of visits now to make full use of the ramp

Oh, I keep meaning to ask, how is your leg now?

Love Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Hi Debbie

What a wonderful thing for them to do. No wonder it’s kept a smile on your face! And you should definitely celebrate it.
    Dina

Forum Member
    Aw thanks Kayleigh, Ellie and Dina, It's kept me smiling all week. I am going to make lots of use of it so I have told them they might regret it if they get fed up of me !

Thanks for asking about my leg Ellie. It doesn't hurt or ache anymore which is fantastic for my sleep ! More good news ! Together with my OT and physio we have found safer ways to transfer without weight bearing. I guess my stubbornness made an accident likely so I would urge caution to everyone about falls.

Thank you and here's hoping for more good things on here soon,
    Love Debbie x

Hi Deb;

Pleased to hear your leg is repairing and you're finding better ways of being moved around.

Love Terry

Today’s good thing: I can still eat crisps! Had a bit of an emergency yesterday when I choked on a crisp, but I’m ok today and back to eating crisps. Everyone else thinks I shouldn’t eat them but I WANT CRISPS (*stamps feet in a temper)
    Dina