Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Celebrate the GOOD THINGS

Good to hear that Dina, says another crispaholic

I find the thicker, crinkle crisps easier to scoff, I mean eat and salt & vinegar are my faves - the more vinegary, the better.

The bad thing though is someone has to feed me and no one does it fast enough

Enjoy them!

Love Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

These are my favourite and they fit over my tongue where I let them soften before swallowing. They last much longer with this method.
    DCD23AAE-62D0-4462-972E-4EB3185D6243.jpg

Love,
    Barry
    Iím going to do this even if it kills me!

Hi all,

Barry, they are too big and not being a slice of potato, they seem to brake up and cause problems for me.

I have ridged crisps but it is better to not have them to big or lots of small pieces.

Please note that we don't recommend that Mnd people eat crisps because they are very challenging and can get stuck or bits inhaled. Just be very careful.

Love Terry

Forum Member
    Such good news about the crisps Dina,

All this crisp chat has made me need a celebratory pack. Its definitely an evening to stay cosy , warm and eat crisps! ( cheesy wotsits are the best !)

Thanks for the warning Terry,
    Love Debbie x

MR BARRY !!! Are they in front of you right now ??? It's before your dinner

You're all teasing me now... I am in respite with nobody to feed me crisps

Love Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

It's cheesy Quavers for me, this evening (apparently Quavers are musicians' most favourite snacks LOL)

Love
    Kayleigh x

P.S ...
    - I ordered some pelican flavoured crisps when I was at at gastro-pub recently.
    They tasted delicious but the bill was enormous! LOL

- Some sandwiches walked into a bar and asked for 2 pints of lager and a packet of crisps.
    The barman said sorry, we don't serve food here! LOL

- What flavour crisps do frogs prefer?
    Croaky bacon LOL

Forum Member
    I like salt and vinegar flavour, but don't eat many now, because of the bits getting stuck in throat. Also I notice digestive biscuits make me cough and splitter.

Thanks for the jokes Kayleigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellie View Post
    MR BARRY !!! Are they in front of you right now ??? It's before your dinner

You're all teasing me now... I am in respite with nobody to feed me crisps

Love Ellie.
    Just finished the Pringles (other brands are available) tonight after dinner Ellie. They lasted 3 nights.

Love,
    Barry
    Iím going to do this even if it kills me!

Forum Member
    Loving the crisp jokes, Kayleigh!

Barry, how can a tube of pringle's last 3 nights ? In our house it would be minutes and I would be lucky to get a look in. I used to hide them when the children were younger.. the washing machine was probably not the best idea.

Ellie, hope respite is treating you well and that someone helps with crisps !! A salt and vinegar fest is needed for when you are home, hopefully with Strictly.

Love Debbie x

Your post made me chuckle Debbie, because it reminded me of the time I washed my husband's favourite designer sweater. He'd got some stains on it at a boozey lunch with his pals at the local Golf Club. (Supposedly, they'd all become members to play golf there?! LOL)

After soaking the sweater in some stain remover, I popped it into the washing machine.

Unfortunately, it shrunk to the size of a Pringles crisp! (Perhaps I forgot to wash it on the wool cycle - and using salt & vinegar to remove the stains might not have helped either?! LOL)

... and to add insalt to injury, when my husband took the sweater out of the washing machine, he banged his head on the door ...Bosch!!!

Love to everyone,
    Kayleigh x