Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: Celebrate the GOOD THINGS

Forum Member
    That was a very moving Interview Barry, it had me in tears.

That is exactly why we love our firemen, they are always the good guys. I sincerely hope for that young man's sake they do walk with him every step of the way as they have pledged to him they would.

Ellen has taken up the cause to put the spotlight on ALS I've seen her do it before with another young man, Well done to her for showing her compassion, and understanding,

CCxox
    Last edited by ccinjersey; Yesterday at 16:50.

Thank you for posting the link, Barry. It just goes to show that MND can hit anyone, regardless of age or state of health.

By the way, today's good thing has yet to find its way out from among the dross. Does anyone else have anything good to share?
    Dina

Trying to keep positive, but not always managing.

Forum Member
    I could not watch it all, makes me more anxious.
    Good thing last night, my son and husband wheeled me around asda, bought a few things. Nice to get out for a hour.
    Sheila x

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila View Post
    I could not watch it all, makes me more anxious.
    Good thing last night, my son and husband wheeled me around asda, bought a few things. Nice to get out for a hour.
    Sheila x
    We were due to go shopping today but it didn't happen.
    Dina

Forum Member
    Hi Everyone, sorry about your shopping Dina,

I have two good things today. A new Roho cushion for my powerchair was brought by wheelchair services this morning. Instant relief for my aching back/ bottom .. bliss !

The second good thing is more naughty. We were going to go shopping at M and S but it was too busy so we decided all Christmas shopping should be done online. Instead we went to the pub and I had a red wine and a bowl of chips. Really healthy I know !

Hope other people have some good things today,
    Love Debbie x

I was due to do a supermarket sweep in Aldi's today but when I got there, Kevin the Carrot sent me off my trolley and then swept me completely off my feet - before I returned home to do an online trolley-dash instead. LOL

Kevin blamed a wonky wheel on the trolley, for his less than 24-carrot performance today - which was very much like one of his bloopers!! ....

http://https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2ts5jCPS418

Love to everyone,
    Kayleigh x

P.S...

- Why are carrots good for your sight?
    Because they contain lots of vitamin see. LOL

- How can I be so sure that eating carrots is good for our sight?
    Well, have you ever seen a rabbit wearing spectacles? LOL
    Last edited by Kayleigh; Yesterday at 19:12.

Quote Originally Posted by Deb View Post
    Instead we went to the pub and I had a red wine and a bowl of chips. Really healthy I know !
    Thanks, Debbie.

Don’t worry about the red wine - it’s supposed to be good for warding off heart attacks - and you need the chips as you have to maintain your body weight. So, actually, it was very healthy.

I hope the Roho cushion works well for you. My brother-in-law used to think they were the bee’s knees.
    Dina

Great news re new cushion Debbie - hopefully your bottom and coccyx will love the relief!!

Red wine & chips sounds indulgent

Glad you'd a good day.

Love Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Quote Originally Posted by Gillette View Post
    Thank you for posting the link, Barry. It just goes to show that MND can hit anyone, regardless of age or state of health.

By the way, today's good thing has yet to find its way out from among the dross. Does anyone else have anything good to share?
    Hi Dina,

My good news today is that I battled through the flooded roads to make our MNDA Nottingham meeting this afternoon. It was well worth it to meet friends and we had a good turnout despite the weather. The committee had organised a singer and guitarist who used to play with the Merseybeats. We also had the presence of the chairman of the Nottingham council who has chosen us as his charity during his year of office. 5 months in he has raised £7k with more to come before April.
    It took me twice as long to get home as many roads on my normal route were flooded so I had to take a long diversion but I don’t regret the effort to attend.
    Thank you to the Nottingham Branch for bringing so much joy to our members.

Barry
    Iím going to do this even if it kills me!

Hi Barry

I hope you didnít put yourself in danger getting to and from the meeting. And itís good news indeed about being chosen as the charity of the year by the council leader.
    Dina