• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gillette
    Forum Member
    • Mar 2019

Celebrate the GOOD THINGS

I was reading about how some members list good things to help them cope day-to-day so I thought it would be lovely to have a dedicated thread for us to share the good things in life.

Shall I start?

I was a very naughty girl last night, which was great fun and I've woken up ready to create havoc on the ward!
    Dina

Trying to keep positive, but not always managing.
  • miranda
    Forum Member
    • Jan 2011

That’s intriguing!! My good thing - a visit yesterday from a special friend who makes me soups and meals to go in the freezer. Freshly baked cup cakes too this time. I’m lucky to have such great friends.

Comment

• Gillette
      Forum Member
      • Mar 2019

Originally posted by miranda View Post
      That’s intriguing!! My good thing - a visit yesterday from a special friend who makes me soups and meals to go in the freezer. Freshly baked cup cakes too this time. I’m lucky to have such great friends.
      Don't be too intrigued, Miranda, I just get into a mischievous mood and wind up the staff - but only in a nice way, of course, because I'm so sweet and innocent. *tries to keep a straight face at the blatant fib. Hee hee.
      Dina

Comment

• Doug Carpenter
        Forum Member
        • May 2017

What a good idea Dina!

Although Forum rule 1005 specifically forbids naughtiness in any form in a public place. Penalties can be severe. In private, I think there are few restrictions.

It is very important to celebrate what we can do, rather than dwell on what we can’t. For example, getting dolled up for a special meal or a real or imaginary visit to a club will boost the spirit. Sharing a treasured bottle of wine with a special friend comes high on my list.

Doug
        Diagnosed April 2017

Comment

• Ellie
          Forum Member
          • Oct 2012

I celebrate the GOOD CARERS I have who make me laugh every day.

We laughed heartily this morning on discovering one had put my shoes on the wrong feet - we'd been chatting so much that no one noticed until they went to stand me up

And even though I cannot speak, we do manage to have great 'chats' whilst they're drying and dressing me after my shower, which generally involves peals of laughter

Love Ellie.
          ​Diagnosed 2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
          Significant bulbar impairment - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV - Eye gaze user

Comment

• johnburton
            Forum Member
            • Jun 2018

We couldn't stop laughing after my partner tried to put my undies on upside down! It's good that you can laugh at these situations, Ellie.

Comment

• Lynne K
              Forum Member
              • Nov 2017

Lucky you Miranda. What a treasure is your baking friend. Lynne
              ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

• Terry
                Forum Member
                • May 2012

Originally posted by johnburton View Post
                We couldn't stop laughing after my partner tried to put my undies on upside down! It's good that you can laugh at these situations, Ellie.
                Hi John,

I've had all sorts of issues with pants and trousers. Back to front, two legs into one hole. Best thing of all, is a woman who pulls them up twisted and then just yanks them straight, forgetting that we have dangaly bits there.

Love Terry
                TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Comment

• Terry
                  Forum Member
                  • May 2012

My grandad drove me out Friday for the day. They threatened heavy rain so we went into town. We have, in the past visited a art gallery there near a museum. They normally have paintings that neither him or me understand or much appreciate.

Anyway, they had a automaton display which we very much enjoyed. Coffee and mac and cheese with bolanase in. Bit of shopping and into a craft shop with some very narrow walk ways, which you would never get a sit down wheelchair through.

Another Costa coffee and home. No rain.

Grandad has not been well of late, so it was good to see him well again.

Love Terry
                  TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Comment

• Gillette
                    Forum Member
                    • Mar 2019

Yesterday my daughter-in-law suggested a trip to the viewing area at Manchester Airport. I really enjoyed it. I'm not an aeroplane nerd by any means, I just love flying - it sends my imagination soaring.

I didn't even care that I got soaked to the skin!
                    Dina

Comment

• Doug Carpenter
                      Forum Member
                      • May 2017

Soaked to the skin!

Oh dear! That's not good. You must be careful Dina. Pleasures can have unforeseen consequences.

Doug
                      Diagnosed April 2017

Comment

• Gillette
                        Forum Member
                        • Mar 2019

Originally posted by Doug Carpenter View Post
                        Soaked to the skin!

Oh dear! That's not good. You must be careful Dina. Pleasures can have unforeseen consequences.

Doug
                        I've only just seen this, Doug, but if you find me some pleasures I will happily suffer the consequences. Ha ha ha.
                        Dina

Comment

• Gillette
                          Forum Member
                          • Mar 2019

Today's good news (I' e trying to get online for hours to post it) is that the doctors on the ward are angry about the way I have been treated by the CHC. Although there is almost nothing they can do to speed up the process, they are submitting an incident report telling the CHC about the seriousness of the psychological and physical deterioration I have suffered since the Fast-Track application was submitted on 16 September.

Although this is unlikely to do much for me, it may help other MND sufferers in the future.

Perhaps there is light at the end of the tunnel and It could be Christmas, rather than Easter!
                          Dina

Comment

• Ellie
                            Forum Member
                            • Oct 2012

Hopefully their intervention will make a difference for you Dina.

I've everything crossed for you.

Big hug.

Love Ellie.
                            ​Diagnosed 2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
                            Significant bulbar impairment - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV - Eye gaze user

Comment

• Terry
                              Forum Member
                              • May 2012

It can't do any harm, Dina;

But I reckon they are doing it for their benefit as well as yours.

Love Terry

Comment

Working...
                              X