• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kayleigh
    Forum Member
    • Nov 2018

Originally posted by Gillette View Post
    Today’s good thing is my new tablet cushion. I struggle to hold my tablet but my new cushion stand for it arrived today and it’s already making a huge difference.
    Hi Dina,

Your new tablet holder sounds very practical and comfy. I hadn't heard of those before and I might get one. If you don't mind me asking, what make is yours? (I've seen some on Amazon and other websites but I'm finding it difficult to decide which might be the best one).

Also many thanks for your suggestion for the advent calendar on the music thread. I've already got tomorrow's post and the post for day 7 on standby but your cheesy idea has given me some inspiration for day 8 already - thank you!

Love Kayleigh x

Comment

• Gillette
      Forum Member
      • Mar 2019

Hi Kayleigh

Yes, I’m finding the tablet holder really handy. I have a cushioned tray on my lap and the holder sits on the tray.

This is the link to the one I bought, which was from Folksy. I bought it on Monday and it arrived on Wednesday.

Really useful hands free tablet cushion. Here is a cushion to use with your kindle, i pad, tablet or e reader. It leaves your hands free whilst keeping your gadget secure. You can use it on a table, arm of your sofa or your knee. It sits 6.5" tall...
      Dina

Trying to keep positive, but not always managing.

Comment

• Kayleigh
        Forum Member
        • Nov 2018

Thank you Dina. What a lovely website and my face lit up when I saw that it sells arts and crafts. I always enjoy craft fairs and that website has some beautiful hand-made items on it.
        Thank you again.
        Kayleigh x

Comment

• Gillette
          Forum Member
          • Mar 2019

Originally posted by Kayleigh View Post
          Thank you Dina. What a lovely website and my face lit up when I saw that it sells arts and crafts. I always enjoy craft fairs and that website has some beautiful hand-made items on it.
          Thank you again.
          Kayleigh x
          You are very welcome, Kayleigh. Yes, there are some lovely things on there,

There are two other marketplace sites selling arts and crafts: Etsy and Not on the High Street:

Find the perfect handmade gift, vintage & on-trend clothes, unique jewelry, and more… lots more.

Discover thousands of unique finds at Not on The High Street. From gifts to homeware, they’re all made or sourced by the UK’s best small businesses.
          Dina

Comment

• Kayleigh
            Forum Member
            • Nov 2018

Thanks Dina. Those websites also look great and are going to be very useful for me as well.
            Love
            Kayleigh

Comment

• Doug Carpenter
              Forum Member
              • May 2017

Voice banking

Today's good thing is learning that the MNDA will consider funding my attempt to bank my voice using Acapela.

Thank you MNDA!

Doug
              Diagnosed April 2017

Comment

• Gillette
                Forum Member
                • Mar 2019

Originally posted by Doug Carpenter View Post
                Today's good thing is learning that the MNDA will consider funding my attempt to bank my voice using Acapela.

Thank you MNDA!

Doug
                That’s great, Doug. Is your Speech and Language Therapist organising that for you? I seem to remember mine mentioning it when we first talked about voice banking. She wasn’t familiar with Acapela but was very interested when I mentioned that one only needs to record a fraction of the number of sentences needed on Model Talker (?)
                Dina

Comment

• Ellie
                  Forum Member
                  • Oct 2012

That's great news, Doug.

Hope the MNDA 'consider' your case positively and swiftly !!

Good luck.

Love Ellie.
                  ​Diagnosed 2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
                  Significant bulbar impairment - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV - Eye gaze user

Comment

• Barry52
                    Forum Member
                    • Mar 2012

Great news Doug.

Be patient and stop regularly if you get tired. It’s worth the effort and I found my recording satisfying when I used it during a meeting yesterday.

Best wishes,
                    Barry
                    I’m going to do this even if it kills me!

Comment

• Hayls
                      Forum Member
                      • Jul 2019

Doug, it’s an amazing programme, it’s so less daunting than modal talker and so much easier to use, I was going great guns until I got a dreaded cold and it damaged my voice so much so I can’t complete it :’( I wish you lots of strength and hope it works out for you x

Comment

• Kayleigh
                        Forum Member
                        • Nov 2018

That's very good news Doug - thank you for sharing it with your forum family - and I hope the lovely MNDA approve your application quickly.

You might need to replenish the stocks in your drinks cabinet before you start any voice banking though (especially if you have already finished that bottle of Grahams '77 you found recently!).

I understand voice banking is very thirsty work, so sufficient liquid refreshment to regularly wet one's whistle with is essential and probably obligatory!

Kitty Kayleigh has a purrrfect speech app she can use, if and when necessary. Sometimes it's interesting to paws the English accent and to ring the changes occasionally.

Kitty often finds it fun to sound Australian (like popstar Kylie) or like an American lady (perhaps similar to our fabulous forum friend CC) - however, a meow or purrr sounds exactly the same in any accent or country! LOL

Although I can't advise from experience gained personally, voice banking sounds well worth investing time in, by anyone who decides that its their cup of tea.

Although I've never heard your voice, you always sound like the perfect gentleman to me. You might not be as regal as Prince Charming? - but you always sound as dapper as your bow tie and as refined as your vintage Bolly.

You are always as charming as Nigel Havers and any Bond actor, including Sean Connery.

Also, you're as delightful as Leslie Phillips (the famous "Ding Dong" actor in movies & on TV) - but l don't know if a bowl of shreddies knitted by nanas has ever been your cup of tea?! ... LOL...

http://https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=B2DT63DxGVs

Sending you a kitty full of hugs,
                        Love Kayleigh x

Comment

• Gillette
                          Forum Member
                          • Mar 2019

Originally posted by Kayleigh View Post
                          .., you're as delightful as Leslie Phillips (the famous "Ding Dong" actor in movies & on TV) - but l don't know if a bowl of shreddies knitted by nanas has ever been your cup of tea?! ... LOL...]

Sending you a kitty full of hugs,
                          Love Kayleigh x
                          Woohoo, I used to knit and I’m a Nana! Perhaps I’ll stand a chance with our dapper Doug! Stand back, ladies. I have knitting needles and I know how to use them.
                          Dina

Comment

• Kayleigh
                            Forum Member
                            • Nov 2018

You have me in stitches this morning Nana Dina!

Although you have your knitting needles to hand, Kitty Kayleigh used to be the Queen of Crochet with her king-sized needles - and she won't take a paws if she needs to use them to defend Doug against all those naughty Nanas!! LOL

My Christmas Tree tried to knit it's own skIrt - but it kept dropping it's needles! LOL

And, no, I wasn't spinning you a yarn! LOL

Oh, the weather outside is frightful, but spining a yarn is so delightful, and as I have snow place to go, another row ... another row ... another row ...

http://https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_fn9Jba6zyw

Sending you warm & snuggly hugs,
                            Kayleigh x

Comment

• Doug Carpenter
                              Forum Member
                              • May 2017

Thank you everyone for your advice and good wishes.

Apparently, I need to do all the recording and then notify the MNDA at the end.

Doug
                              Diagnosed April 2017

Comment

• Kayleigh
                                Forum Member
                                • Nov 2018

It looks like a good system Doug because the voice recording process is free (using Acapela's 'My own Voice' service) and hopefully the MNDA will pay the cost when you are ready to use it in an app.

Link to Acapela webpage about the 'My own Voice' service:-
                                http://https://www.acapela-group.com/solutions/my-own-voice/

Love
                                Kayleigh

Comment

Working...
                                X