Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Celebrate the GOOD THINGS

Voice banking

Today's good thing is learning that the MNDA will consider funding my attempt to bank my voice using Acapela.

Thank you MNDA!

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Carpenter View Post
    Today's good thing is learning that the MNDA will consider funding my attempt to bank my voice using Acapela.

Thank you MNDA!

Doug
    Thatís great, Doug. Is your Speech and Language Therapist organising that for you? I seem to remember mine mentioning it when we first talked about voice banking. She wasnít familiar with Acapela but was very interested when I mentioned that one only needs to record a fraction of the number of sentences needed on Model Talker (?)
    Dina

Trying to keep positive, but not always managing.

That's great news, Doug.

Hope the MNDA 'consider' your case positively and swiftly !!

Good luck.

Love Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Great news Doug.

Be patient and stop regularly if you get tired. It’s worth the effort and I found my recording satisfying when I used it during a meeting yesterday.

Best wishes,
    Barry
    Iím going to do this even if it kills me!

Forum Member
    Doug, itís an amazing programme, itís so less daunting than modal talker and so much easier to use, I was going great guns until I got a dreaded cold and it damaged my voice so much so I canít complete it :í( I wish you lots of strength and hope it works out for you x

That's very good news Doug - thank you for sharing it with your forum family - and I hope the lovely MNDA approve your application quickly.

You might need to replenish the stocks in your drinks cabinet before you start any voice banking though (especially if you have already finished that bottle of Grahams '77 you found recently!).

I understand voice banking is very thirsty work, so sufficient liquid refreshment to regularly wet one's whistle with is essential and probably obligatory!

Kitty Kayleigh has a purrrfect speech app she can use, if and when necessary. Sometimes it's interesting to paws the English accent and to ring the changes occasionally.

Kitty often finds it fun to sound Australian (like popstar Kylie) or like an American lady (perhaps similar to our fabulous forum friend CC) - however, a meow or purrr sounds exactly the same in any accent or country! LOL

Although I can't advise from experience gained personally, voice banking sounds well worth investing time in, by anyone who decides that its their cup of tea.

Although I've never heard your voice, you always sound like the perfect gentleman to me. You might not be as regal as Prince Charming? - but you always sound as dapper as your bow tie and as refined as your vintage Bolly.

You are always as charming as Nigel Havers and any Bond actor, including Sean Connery.

Also, you're as delightful as Leslie Phillips (the famous "Ding Dong" actor in movies & on TV) - but l don't know if a bowl of shreddies knitted by nanas has ever been your cup of tea?! ... LOL...

http://https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=B2DT63DxGVs

Sending you a kitty full of hugs,
    Love Kayleigh x

Quote Originally Posted by Kayleigh View Post
    .., you're as delightful as Leslie Phillips (the famous "Ding Dong" actor in movies & on TV) - but l don't know if a bowl of shreddies knitted by nanas has ever been your cup of tea?! ... LOL...]

Sending you a kitty full of hugs,
    Love Kayleigh x
    Woohoo, I used to knit and Iím a Nana! Perhaps Iíll stand a chance with our dapper Doug! Stand back, ladies. I have knitting needles and I know how to use them.
    Dina

Trying to keep positive, but not always managing.

You have me in stitches this morning Nana Dina!

Although you have your knitting needles to hand, Kitty Kayleigh used to be the Queen of Crochet with her king-sized needles - and she won't take a paws if she needs to use them to defend Doug against all those naughty Nanas!! LOL

My Christmas Tree tried to knit it's own skIrt - but it kept dropping it's needles! LOL

And, no, I wasn't spinning you a yarn! LOL

Oh, the weather outside is frightful, but spining a yarn is so delightful, and as I have snow place to go, another row ... another row ... another row ...

http://https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_fn9Jba6zyw

Sending you warm & snuggly hugs,
    Kayleigh x

Thank you everyone for your advice and good wishes.

Apparently, I need to do all the recording and then notify the MNDA at the end.

Doug

It looks like a good system Doug because the voice recording process is free (using Acapela's 'My own Voice' service) and hopefully the MNDA will pay the cost when you are ready to use it in an app.

Link to Acapela webpage about the 'My own Voice' service:-
    http://https://www.acapela-group.com/solutions/my-own-voice/

Love
    Kayleigh