Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Celebrate the GOOD THINGS

Great news Sue and we hope to see you at the next meeting if Steve is up to it.

Barry x
    Iím going to do this even if it kills me!

We are planning on being there Barry. So hopefully will see you then

Sue x

Lunch with friends

Had lunch with two old friends today. Not seen them for ages. We were flatmates in London in the seventies, starting out on careers.

We reminisced about even earlier times - the crazy dangerous things we did when we were young, yet miraculously survived.

I've felt a bit down these last few days. The company and those happy memories cheered me up. MND can't take away the past!

Doug

Hi Doug,
    Perhaps we should set up a 1970's Retro Fan Club! ... and I'd vote for cheese fondues & Campari and lemonade - with, of course, lots of Abba music playing on a record player!

Hugs
    Kayleigh x

Glad you enjoyed your lunch out Doug.

We love meeting with friends and reminiscing about the past especially all the funny things that happened.

It certainly makes us feel a whole lot better.

Sue

P.S Doug ...
    It wouldn't surprise me if you and your friends still get up to some of those naughty and crazy things you used to get up to in the 1970's!! ..... I say, good for you, go for it!! .. and I reckon you and your pals (aka 'Doug and the Daredevils') are still full of fun - and also very young at heart!

Kayleigh x

P.P.S Doug....
    Sorry to hear that you were feeling particularly fed up. If I'd known, I would have sent you some 'hope you feel better soon hugs' - along with lots of my corny jokes, to help cheer you up (LOL)

Kayleigh x

Kayleigh

I am shocked!

Me, naughty, never! I am a respectable, upright - well, not so upright nowadays - member of society.

…..on the outside.

Doug

Hi Doug,

It's good to reminisce with friends, isn't it? Although I'm not sure I would dare let anyone mention what I got up to in the 70's! Mind you, I'm just as naughty now... in my head! Ha ha ha.
    Dina

Trying to keep positive, but not always managing.

Hi Doug and Dina,

I would have been naughtier in the 1970s, if I'd had the chance - However, as I was just a toddler then, I don't think my Mum and Dad would have let me!! LOL

There's nothing wrong with being naughty occasionally - and a little bit of what you fancy, does you good sometimes! LOL .... and both of you were probably "naughty - but nice" (just like that catchphrase from the cream cake advert that used to be on TV!!) LOL

Kayleigh x