Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Celebrate the GOOD THINGS

Hi Kayleigh,

Phew, I'm glad you realised I was joking! By the way, I love the way you grovel so well. Ha ha ha. And your extra-corny jokes were brilliant. The ward has run out of cornflakes so at least I'll be able to have breakfast tomorrow!
    Dina

Trying to keep positive, but not always managing.

Hi Dina,

Phew! I'm glad you've confirmed you weren't being serious! LOL

LOL. Otherwise, I might have looked like a right numpty - especially if you'd "scorned" me, postIng "What are you going on about Kayleigh? - I wasn't joking!!". But, being the banter-babe I am, I would have thought that was just 'bants' too! LOL

If you need more cornflakes for breakfast, there's a corner shop I know in Runcorn, called 'Corny's Corn-venience Store' that stocks it. I could ask Mr Cornelius to send you some!

He also stocks packets of peppercorns (next to the tins of corn-chowder) and cartons of cornets (close to the tubs of popcorn flavoured ice-cream and 'Cornettos').

'Corny's' also supplies cornflour and cornflower (but make sure you order the right one, especially if you want to use it to thicken your custard or gravy! LOL).

Also, I understand that 'Corny's' have just cornered the market in pet corn-fed unicorns! - yes, I know, it sounds a bit crazy (pet unicorns that only eat corn? LOL) - but don't worry, if you buy one of the unicorns and run out of corn, I understand they are also very happy to be fed acorns too!

I was going to offer you more kernels for your breakfast but, as the saying goes, that might be "over-egging the pudding" a bit - or, indeed, "over-corning the cob!" LOL

Hugs
    Kayleigh x

Hi Kayleigh

Thank you for the cornucopia of corn.

I’m only going to whisper this as I don’t want to jinx it but I MAY BE GOING HOME ON THURSDAY !!!

Woohoo! *jumps for joy (and nearly breaks wheelchair)
    Last edited by Gillette; 22nd October 2019 at 12:52.
    Dina

That's wonderful news Dina! I hope all goes well on Thursday.
    Love,
    Kayleigh x
    Last edited by Kayleigh; 22nd October 2019 at 13:17.

Oh Dina, that is the news we've ALL been waiting for!!

Everything still crossed for Thursday.

Love Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Forum Member
    Yippee! That's great news Dina.

Hope everything goes well on Thursday. I've got everything I can crossed for you.

Love Debbie x

That's great news Dina if it definitely happens. Good luck and enjoy your long awaited freedom. Lynne
    ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my ballance.
    I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Forum Member
    Good news Dina, fingers crossed for Thursday.
    Sheila x

That's fabulous news Dina!

Thanks for letting us know. I had been getting worried.

Now calm down and stop jigging about like a Doll-in-the-Box. You'll pull out the plumbing!

All fingers crossed, which makes typing this damn difficult.

But how are the rest of the ward and staff going to manage once their ray of sunshine departs?

Hugs

Doug

Ha ha ha, Doug. They’ve organised a massive party at a club called Caesar’s for Thursday night to celebrate getting shot of me!

No, seriously, thank you everyone. I haven’t dared believe it would happen until today. Thank you all for your support. I’ve had some dreadfully low days, watching my abilities shrink whilst the CHC dragged its heels. I can’t tell you how much the support I’ve received from forum members has meant to me. Isn’t it great that we have this forum space and can help each other ?
    Dina