Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3038394041 LastLast

Thread: Celebrate the GOOD THINGS

It took me all morning to unpack it so now I have to assemble it. Let’s hope it is not like IKEA furniture with a bit missing.

Barry
    A767E7E2-694D-4945-B329-8B4333C6F897.jpg
    Iím going to do this even if it kills me!

Quote Originally Posted by Donkeyboy View Post
    We went to one of my besties for an illicit barbeque 6 up today! Is that ok????
    You have answered your own question. Had it been an OK thing to do, you would not have had to use the word illicit.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

If you've any problems, Barry, my 16yo daughter is a genius in assembling IKEA flatpacks

Wishing you many a happy hour on the exercise bike - with your track record though, I have to say "don't fall off"! Am tempted to suggest putting crash mats either side of you

Love Ellie.

Bloomin' heck Barry!

How many cc is that super machine?

Doug

Hi Ellie and Doug,

I read through the assembly manual and on several pages it says requires 2 people to assemble. I wish it had said 2 people to unpack as my chest and arms ache now. It will have to remain in bits until my wife comes over on Friday.

Love,
    Barry
    Iím going to do this even if it kills me!

Times two!

Today I received a warrant from NS&I telling me Iíve won £50 on the premium bonds, which my father gave me about forty years ago! Every little helps.

ButÖ.butÖ..much more importantly, my OT has just left with her extensive toolkit that she used for an hour customizing my Salsa M2 Mini Quickie powerchair. Amazing machine!

I donít know whether I should adorn it with L-plates or a black prancing horse symbol.

Stay safe as lockdown disintegrates around us!

Doug

Woohoo on both fronts Doug!! The money will buy a nice bottle of red with which to toast your dad

Hope it's comfy and that you get much use from it, albeit you're a bit limited in where you can go just now, or maybe not?

Am half afraid to ask if the correct neuro spec chair was delivered...

Love Ellie.

Thanks Ellie(K)

Yes, this morning was a lovely morale boost. I've been feeling a bit low recovering from a tummy bug.

Yes, as far as I know. It was specified by my MND OT. It seems to have every possible tilt mechanism, head rest and dual control. She's getting me a better ramp to go with it to make it easier to leave the house. Then I've got plenty of countryside space to ramble in. It's very comfy. She said it had an 8-mile range. We'll see!

Love

Doug x

Forum Member
    That's great news Doug and I am glad you're feeling better,

I have a salsa mini chair like yours and it is comfortable enough for me to spend all day in and transfer to my riser recliner in the evening.

Initially I had lots of adjustments to the footrests and tried different cushions and backrests so ask if you feel something isnt right . Wheelchair services were happy to come out until it was right! ( at least they seemed happy , they may have been cursing me ) and will continue to adapt it. They also changed the battery to make it safe to take on a plane. It has a really good range but I panic when the red light comes on !

Hope the sun shines and you are out and about in the countryside soon.

Love Debbie x

Many thanks Deb for your positive views on the Salsa Mini. That's very encourging to hear. My OT said she'd change anything as necessary.

I'd like to hear more about that change of battery and flying. But to avoid boring everyone with the details I'll PM you.

Hugs

Doug