Page 23 of 34 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Celebrate the GOOD THINGS

Quote Originally Posted by ccinjersey View Post
    That was a very moving Interview Barry, it had me in tears.

That is exactly why we love our firemen, they are always the good guys. I sincerely hope for that young man's sake they do walk with him every step of the way as they have pledged to him they would.

Ellen has taken up the cause to put the spotlight on ALS I've seen her do it before with another young man, Well done to her for showing her compassion, and understanding,

CCxox
    Yes CC it brought me to tears also but these emotional interviews tend to have an impact.

I have huge respect and admiration for firefighters and what they did after 9/11 was bravery beyond belief. Even now they are engaged in dangerous situations fighting fires in California and parts of Australia.

Barry x
    Last edited by Barry52; 15th November 2019 at 11:17.
    Iím going to do this even if it kills me!

Forum Member
    Hi Barry

That's very true it puts a human face to the illness.

Ellen has a platform and I hope she continues to use it to bring more awareness to people about this disease

We have these digital billboard signs here, and I have been seeing more advertising awareness on them to help fight ALS. This has just been fairly recent, I have also seen donations being asked for in our supermarkets which was also something I hadn't seen before. It seems a stronger campaign is now being made here to spotlight the illness.

Yes I so agree about Firemen, the really are the bravest, and they always so humble about it too they never seem to be seeking the glory. They are often out on the weekends over here on the main intersections of our roads. They hold their firemen boots in their hands collecting money for Saint Jude's Children's Hospital. Drivers roll down their windows on the red lights and the Firemen come over, and we put money into their boots. They really are the 'Good Guys' simply the best

CC xox

Yes, kudos to you Barry for braving the roads.

Also, well done to the Chairman of Nottingham Council for choosing to support the MNDA as the charity for the year - 7k is a lot of money!

Hope you're staying upright these days

Love Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Forum Member
    Our good news.Hubby out of hospital after major surgery. Eldest son became our carer last week and today the youngest has taken over. And we had our first online food shopping delivered!!!

Oh Miranda, that must have been very stressful for you all. Glad to hear hubby is safely home in his own bed, hope his recovery goes well.

Kudos to your boys.

The first of many grocery deliveries, I'd say It's sooo handy!! (and you tend to buy only what is needed, rather than be lured into buying unnecessary 'special offers' !)

Love Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Forum Member
    That is really good news Miranda , thank you for sharing.

Hope your husband is recovering and is enjoying home comforts. Your boys sound lovely so well done to them for stepping up. It must have been hard for you all ,

Love Debbie x

Todayís good thing was seeing a new friend who has just been accepted onto an IVF programme and was literally glowing with happiness.
    Dina

Trying to keep positive, but not always managing.

Hi Dina,

That's great news about your friend and I hope everything goes very well for her.

You are a a very kind and caring lady and she is lucky to have you as a new friend.

I hope everything has been going smoothly with your new care plan and carers.

Love
    Kayleigh x

Forum Member
    Hi Dina

Is that a fertility program? If so, wishing your friend the very best of luck with it

CCxox

Quote Originally Posted by ccinjersey View Post
    Hi Dina

Is that a fertility program? If so, wishing your friend the very best of luck with it

CCxox
    Hi CC

Yes, it is. Itís the acronym used in the UK, and stands for In Vitro Fertilisation.
    Dina

Trying to keep positive, but not always managing.