Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Celebrate the GOOD THINGS

Hi Dina,

If the 'Greens' win the Election, I think you might find that they will make it PC for all cars to be as green as green Carla.

In fact (allegedly), their spokesperson is green with envy that I offered Carla to you - especially as Carla is 100% bootie-powered (with 0% harmful emissions).

Carla's racing green crudentials mean that she would never turn the air into a pea-souper. She only ever gently emits the most organic of aromas from her exhaust-free bumper. Her fragrance is always as sweet as peas and she never spouts it out like pungent sprouts. Her perfume is always freshly produced (rather than being eau-de-rotten cabbage water).

Carla's iron engine is as strong as spinach and it goes as fast as 2 runner beans in a pod. She is a muscle car that even Popeye would be proud to flex his muscles in.

The sound of her engine is as clean as Greensleeves and her fresh green upholstery is never stained by grass.

Carla's bodywork is as refined as petit pois. The design of her decorative greenery is always locally sourced and is as seasonal as asparagus.

Overall, anyone who knows their onions would realise that Carla is the cream of the crop - and although some gardeners might say she isn't green fingered enough, she has already been most highly greengaged as the Green Goddess of green motoring!

Indeed, Carla is the bees-knees of bootie prizes (rather than the big boobie prize that some red hot-rod racing drivers are making her out to be). LOL

You might have had your head turned by a car that isn't green but Carla says please remember that the grass is not always greener on the other side! LOL

Sending you handfuls of haricot-verts hugs, green cabbages of kisses, and broccoli flowers of very best wishes.

Kayleigh x
    Last edited by Kayleigh; 23rd November 2019 at 16:36.

Thank you SO MUCH Kayleigh for your glowing tribute - it cheered me up no end and I am still blushing

(I am upset by stuff posted on another thread, not for discussion in this thread as it's for Good Things only.)

Love Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Doug babe, That's great news!!

Soon after my diagnosis, my husband and I swapped cars - I got his fancy automatic and he got my little runaround, complete with rice cake crumbs and bits of toys hidden down the backs of seats (children's toys, I hasten to add!!)

We now have an EV (electric vehicle) and it knows everything - it knows when it's at 'home' and tells us what time to plug it in to recharge, as opposed to knowing it's a a fast charge point. And it's apparently so easy to drive.

Wishing you safe driving.

Love Ellie.

And yet, despite all that, Carla is still revoltingly green!

I’m afraid that 9 1/2 weeks trapped in a ward that had so much green even the awful “privacy” stickers on the windows were just pictures of La La Land devoid of teletubbies, has made me hate green even more!
    Dina

Trying to keep positive, but not always managing.

Forum Member
    More to celebrate! Hubby recovering well from op, sons doing brilliantly. Then I break a tooth! Dentists went over and beyond to accommodate me in the wheelchair. The root was painlessly extracted, then an impression was taken We went home and two hours later collected the denture with new tooth added!!! Admittedly I'm on a dental plan (not NHS) but this was exceptional treatment. The worst part was having to park by the nearest dropped kerb which seemed like miles away over a very very uneven pavement. I'm a happy bunny!

My rhyming tribute to you was very well deserved Ellie! The challenges we face are far greater than any on University Challenge and the University of Life is challenging us to a degree that is extremely difficult for us to master sometimes. I am extremely grateful to you and others in this forum family who offer me kind and caring words of support and advice.

When I was diagnosed I felt bitter and I feared that the rest of my life would be pointless - however the many positive points of view I have read here have encouraged me to try and make lemonade from lemons and to make the most of every day. Although some days can very bitter-sweet and it's not easy to have a positive attitude, I do experience many happy and sweet moments that I didn't think would be possible with this diagnosis.

Thank you to everyone who has helped me to turn negative thoughts into positive ones, with their words of encouragement and their wealth of advice about the best ways we can deal with the challenges we face, so that our quality of life can be as good as possible xxxx

Also, many thanks to Dina for starting this Good News thread.

Whenever If I feel fed up, I know that there are many positive vibes here and they have all been contributed by friendly people who genuinely do care about each other.

Despite all the tough challenges we face, the thoughts and experiences shared on this thread prove that we can still have happy times and make happy memories that are to be celebrated and cherished.

This is also a place where we can get together and have a big group hug!

Love and hugs,
    Kayleigh x

Quote Originally Posted by miranda View Post
    I'm a happy bunny!
    And it's Friday

Glad to hear you've a full set of gnashers once more, Miranda, and that the two men are doing well.

Love Ellie.

Quote Originally Posted by Gillette View Post
    And yet, despite all that, Carla is still revoltingly green!

I’m afraid that 9 1/2 weeks trapped in a ward that had so much green even the awful “privacy” stickers on the windows were just pictures of La La Land devoid of teletubbies, has made me hate green even more!
    Carla says that's fair enough Dina, and she wouldn't want you to be green at the gills at the sight of her greenery. Also, she doesn't want to be a gooseberry when you go for your drives with Doug and she might have found it difficult to keep her green fingers to herself, if he ever asked you to be his back seat driver (especially as she is prone to being a green eyed monster, about all the attention Doug gives you!). LOL

Carla is off to Greenland now, in search of far away green fields, with the Jolly Green Giant. The Green Giant says that if she gives him the green light about them getting greengaged, his love for her would be evergreen and although he is not as green as Kermit, he would never be a Grinch - and he would upgrade her faux-peridot green spotlights to real emeralds!

But before she lets the Jolly Green Giant into her carport, Carla wants him to go to the Emerald City (to get freshly spruced up like a greengrocer and to get all his greenfly removed! LOL ) ...

http://https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=X4HaR5DYTGg

It's time for me to redecorate my greenhouse from spring green to winter white - but first I need to find out why it's door is shaking so much....LOL...

http://https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uodTyzx4Vuc

Hugs,
    Kayleigh x
    Last edited by Kayleigh; 22nd November 2019 at 18:15.

Quote Originally Posted by miranda View Post
    More to celebrate! Hubby recovering well from op, sons doing brilliantly. Then I break a tooth! Dentists went over and beyond to accommodate me in the wheelchair. The root was painlessly extracted, then an impression was taken We went home and two hours later collected the denture with new tooth added!!! Admittedly I'm on a dental plan (not NHS) but this was exceptional treatment. The worst part was having to park by the nearest dropped kerb which seemed like miles away over a very very uneven pavement. I'm a happy bunny!
    Hi Miranda,

Thank you for letting us know the wonderful news about your husband.

Yes, bumps in the pavement and too many high kerbs can drop a clanger on us wanting to get somewhere easily!! - but it's great to hear that everything went smoothly with your dental appointment.

I hope you and your lovely family have a very enjoyable evening and weekend.

Love and best wishes to you all.
    Kayleigh x
    Last edited by Kayleigh; 22nd November 2019 at 17:56.

Hi Miranda,

I’m pleased that you have several good things to celebrate. Enjoy them all!
    Dina

Trying to keep positive, but not always managing.