Page 29 of 41 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: Celebrate the GOOD THINGS

Todayís good thing is a souped up wheelchair.

I had been struggling to cope with sitting in my powered chair for more than 2.5 hours at a time, which turned hospital appointments and social trips into marathons of endurance.

The signs are promising that itís about to change with the work carried out today, including bucket seat, multilayer hi-tech pressure-relieving cushion, multi-level tension adjustable back rest, Formula 1-style multi-point car seat harness (ok, thatís a bit of an exaggeration!), tweaks to the hand controls and footrest and a ďgutter ď armrest (on order).

All I need are some tasteful ďGo FasterĒ stripes and Iíll be ready to wipe the floor with Lewis Hamilton! Thank
    Dina

Trying to keep positive, but not always managing.

Forum Member
    Those adjustments sound brilliant, Dina and you deserve good things !

I hope it's as comfortable as it sounds and you're soon giving Lewis Hamilton a run for his money.

Love Debbie x
    Ps My Salsa mini has " quickie " printed in big letters on the back and frame !!! I would prefer go faster stripes.

Thanks, Debbie.
    Mineís a Salsa mini 2.
    Dina

I certainly celebrated 2 of the good things in life yesterday, food and music. We went with our daughters to a tapas restaurant and had excellent food before going to a concert.

The day didn’t get off to a good start as I fell getting out of the shower. After lying on the floor for a while to get my breath back I managed to haul myself up using the radiator. Bruised, grazed and blooded I knew I had to pull myself together for the evening event but it is surprising how something to look forward to can be motivating. Food and a couple of glasses of wine eased the aches and my daughters wheeled my down to the concert venue. My wife doesn’t like live music because she finds it deafening.

It was an 80’s event and my daughters were in their teens at the time so I was a fan of many artists that the girls were following. On stage were Tony Hadley, Mark Almond, Jimmy Somerville, Sonia, Claire Grogan, Nick Kershaw, Toyah, Altered Images, Then Jerico and Boney M. Each performed 3 or 4 songs so it was a bit like listening to a compilation album. The girls knew every word and were hoarse afterwards and I could just humm.

9C9FA0B9-EDF2-4C0D-8D76-C152FE902EB6.jpg

Love,
    Barry
    Iím going to do this even if it kills me!

I certainly celebrated 2 of the good things in life yesterday, food and music. We went with our daughters to a tapas restaurant and had excellent food before going to a concert.

The day didn’t get off to a good start as I fell getting out of the shower. After lying on the floor for a while to get my breath back I managed to haul myself up using the radiator. Bruised, grazed and blooded I knew I had to pull myself together for the evening event but it is surprising how something to look forward to can be motivating. Food and a couple of glasses of wine eased the aches and my daughters wheeled my down to the concert venue. My wife doesn’t like live music because she finds it deafening.

It was an 80’s event and my daughters were in their teens at the time so I was a fan of many artists that the girls were following. On stage were Tony Hadley, Mark Almond, Jimmy Somerville, Sonia, Claire Grogan, Nick Kershaw, Toyah, Altered Images, Then Jerico and Boney M. Each performed 3 or 4 songs so it was a bit like listening to a compilation album. The girls knew every word and were hoarse afterwards and I could just humm.

DB03B713-6F68-4265-A7F2-4BE903E08A4B.jpg

Love,
    Barry

The day didnít get off to a good start as I fell getting out of the shower. After lying on the floor for a while to get my breath back I managed to haul myself up using the radiator. Bruised, grazed and blooded I knew I had to pull myself together for the evening event but it is surprising how something to look forward to can be motivating. Food and a couple of glasses of wine eased the aches and my daughters wheeled my down to the concert venue. My wife doesnít like live music because she finds it deafening.

It was an 80ís event and my daughters were in their teens at the time so I was a fan of many artists that the girls were following. On stage were Tony Hadley, Mark Almond, Jimmy Somerville, Sonia, Claire Grogan, Nick Kershaw, Toyah, Altered Images, Then Jerico and Boney M. Each performed 3 or 4 songs so it was a bit like listening to a compilation album. The girls knew every word and were hoarse afterwards and I could just humm.

0567F339-FD52-40BF-8A1C-78530A13DBB8.jpg

The website has gone crazy and duplicated my post.
    I have tried deleting without success. Maybe it’s that bang on the head lol.
    Barry

Quote Originally Posted by Barry52 View Post
    The website has gone crazy and duplicated my post.
    I have tried deleting without success. Maybe it’s that bang on the head lol.
    Barry
    Don't worry if your post was in triplicate Barry - it was 3 times as nice, reading about your lovely day with your family! Although sorry, sorry, and sorry again to hear that you had a bad fall.

... and I expect you would agree that your wonderful daughters and wife are, in the words of the song ... once, twice, three times a lady ...

http://https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wXzKC7xKClw

Love to you and your family,
    Kayleigh x

P.S I'm glad you enjoyed the tapas Barry. You reminded me of the last time I went to a restaurant with my family. It was to my local French restaurant, and although I checked if 'la soupe du jour' was freshly made, before I ordered it, I'm not sure if I believe the waiter (because when it was served to me, I'm convinced I could smell a rat! LOL) ...

http://https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jwLKPDJqldw

But hats off to the chef for a delicious main course - and, apparently, he is self-taught??? ...

http://https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=O8mE6K9HjEs

Although I didn't completely fall for the charms of the French waiter, I decided not to give him the Spanish Inquisition about the soup. LOL.

I hope you are making a very good recovery from your fall!

Love
    Kayleigh x
    Last edited by Kayleigh; 30th November 2019 at 19:16.

Sorry youíve had another fall, Barry. As you say, the prospect of going somewhere enjoyable makes it easier to pick yourself up and dust yourself off

I hope youíre recovering well today.
    Dina