Page 30 of 41 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: Celebrate the GOOD THINGS

ccinjersey
    Hi Barry

I hope you're not too injured from the fall. You are like the energizer bunny, you take a licking and keep on ticking. I hope you had a wonderful time

CCxox

Quote Originally Posted by Gillette View Post
    Today’s good thing is a souped up wheelchair.

I had been struggling to cope with sitting in my powered chair for more than 2.5 hours at a time, which turned hospital appointments and social trips into marathons of endurance.

The signs are promising that it’s about to change with the work carried out today, including bucket seat, multilayer hi-tech pressure-relieving cushion, multi-level tension adjustable back rest, Formula 1-style multi-point car seat harness (ok, that’s a bit of an exaggeration!), tweaks to the hand controls and footrest and a “gutter “ armrest (on order).

All I need are some tasteful “Go Faster” stripes and I’ll be ready to wipe the floor with Lewis Hamilton! Thank
    Hello Dina,

I hope day 2 with your newly souped up Salsa 2 Mini is running smoothly for you and you are finding the Mini is much more comfortable, since it has been souped up.

I heard Lewis Hamilton recently (during a pitstop, on his way from Lewisham 2 Milton Keynes LOL) and It sounds like the dinamics of your Mini make it much quieter and more comfortable, for sitting in and salsa-ing, than his very dynamite sounding 'number 2'!

http://https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wbg5mDkrrzI

Furthermore, Debbie's recent 'quickie' debrief indicates that there would be no debate about the Mini being fast enough for a quick dash to any debartment store (such as Debenhams) or even as far as Medina! It also sounds debonair enough for any debutants' ball or a dance-off with Debbie and her friends ...

http://https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=O_MPVABdVNQ

Love and hugs,
    Kayleigh xx
    Last edited by Kayleigh; 30th November 2019 at 21:00.

Thanks, Kayleigh.

I havenít managed to sit in the chair today - still recovering from yesterdayís excitement.

I forgot to mention that someone is working on overriding the speed limiter for me - he knows Iím a bit of a speed queen!
    Dina

Trying to keep positive, but not always managing.

Low gear Dina as we don’t want you to get caught for speeding.

Kayleigh I remember riding the ratatouille ride with my daughter and granddaughter at Disney Paris 3 years ago and my granddaughter said can we take granddad everywhere because we don’t have to queue. Of course we can said my daughter since I was paying lol.

Love,
    Barry
    Iím going to do this even if it kills me!

Oh Drat!!- I missed the Ratatouille ride when I went to Disneyland Barry! - but It might not have been there when I last visited because it was much more than 3 years ago.

I think that a raturn visit is definitely called for now - especially if I can queue-jump in my powerchair!

I thought it was a very magical place - and did your granddaughter enjoy being able to get straight to the front of the very very long queues to meet the Disney Princesses?

As I went with boys, they weren't interested in meeting the Princesses but it was wonderful to see the delight and excitement on their faces when they met characters like Buzz Lightyear and Jack Sparrow (and I was delighted to meet the very handsome Jack Sparrow too! LOL)

I can't imagine Dina ever travelling in low gear and, in fact, if you blink you will miss her LOL ...

http://https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dSy8kQXLyJ8

I expect Dina will want a 'super-speed dinamo' setting added to her powerchair!

I have a quite slow 'kitty speed' setting on my powerchair (and
    I go even slower than the average kitten sometimes!).

I'm probably much slower than Terry, who might travel as fast as a Jaguar? (but as he always plays fair, I don't think his powerchair would ever go as fast as a Cheetah!).

Love Kayleigh x

P.S I expect your granddaughter loves you whole heartedly Barry and she thinks you are the best grandad in the World - and rightly so!
    Last edited by Kayleigh; 30th November 2019 at 23:00.

Glad you had a good time out with your daughters, Barry,

Hope that you not so sore today but I do like the way you bounce back. I could never get up but maybe it's time you got a automatic fall detector to raise the alarm if you bang your head or can't get up.

Love Terry

I found a bottle of Grahams '77 I didn't know I had!

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Carpenter View Post

Doug
    At a guess I’d say that it’s wine but I’ve no idea if it’s any good - I’m assuming it is as you are obviously pleased, so congratulations. Will you be drinking it tonight to celebrate?

** Oops! Is it port? (I enquired of the world renowned sommelier, Monsieur G. Oogle who sneered at my ignorance then sniffily told me it was “Port, Madame”.
    Last edited by Gillette; 1st December 2019 at 18:35.
    Dina

Quote Originally Posted by Barry52 View Post
    Low gear Dina as we donít want you to get caught for speeding.

Kayleigh I remember riding the ratatouille ride with my daughter and granddaughter at Disney Paris 3 years ago and my granddaughter said can we take granddad everywhere because we donít have to queue. Of course we can said my daughter since I was paying lol.

Love,
    Barry
    Low gear, Barry? I donít think so. Ha ha ha.

Your family sounds like mine- love you to bits and those ďbenefitsĒ mean they love you even more!
    Dina

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Carpenter View Post

Doug
    It sounds like a very opportune discovery Doug!

And may I recommend some good quality cheese to go with such a portly import?! ......

- My dog always fetches me a glass of red wine.
    He is a bordeaux collie!

- I always decide which wine to drink next, on a case by case basis!

- Which cheese is made backwards?
    Edam.

- What question did Shakespeare ask his cheesemonger?
    To brie or not to brie?

- Why didn't the cheddar want to 'get spliced'?
    It had grater plans.

- Why did the circus clown fall over?
    He had forgotten to put the other Stilton.

Hugs,
    Kayleigh
    Last edited by Kayleigh; 1st December 2019 at 21:47.