Page 35 of 40 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: Celebrate the GOOD THINGS

Forum Member
    My good thing today is something I thought would never happen so quickly after all my moaning yesterday, the first time since Tuesday I actually managed to get out of bed all by myself since having my RIG fitted, Wohoo )
    Last edited by Hayls; 22nd December 2019 at 12:06. Reason: Forgot something

Woohoo indeed Hayls.

And you were NOT moaning, you were 4 days post-op. Today is day 5 and I was still in hospital on my day 5 post-PEG, being looked after and not doing much!

Love Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

It’s lovely to hear you being positive about your RIG. As Ellie has said, you are only a few days post-op so you’ve done really well. It certainly sounds like a good thing to me!
    Dina

Trying to keep positive, but not always managing.

Forum Member
    Really good news Haylis,

As Gina says, it's good to see you being so upbeat and positive about your RIG. I hope you continue to feel better each day.

Love Debbie x

Forum Member
    Thank you Dina and Debbie and Ellie, hope you all have fab festive season, mahusive hugs for all your support

Forum Member
    Wow you are doing really well Hayls, well done. Only day 5 as well.
    My hubby has to help me out of bed.

Today’s good thing is sort of Christmas related. I get a huge amount of pleasure from giving family and friends presents that they love and enjoy. This morning I was able to do that for a very special friend who was thrilled with the present and said it was “unique”. I think it was a win all round.
    Dina

Trying to keep positive, but not always managing.

Hi Dina,

You are a very caring lady with a heart of gold and it was good to hear about the lovely time you had with your special friend today. I expect your friend will treasure the gift, especially as it was so thoughtful.

I had squirrelled away some chocolate bars for Christmas Day but I can't find them. It could be that the men in my family have found them already and got tempted too soon - but I won't put them on Santa's naughty list yet - as I might have already caught the culprit on camera ..?? LOL ...

http://https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EN57MEfTJR8

Love
    Kayleigh x

Forum Member
    On Saturday a very good friend came around, she has come back from Singapore, and she gave me a pearl bracelet. It was such a lovely surprise and gave me a good lift.

Kayleigh, that squirrel certainly likes his chocolate.
    Love Sheila x

Hi Sheila,

How lovely of your friend to bring you such a special gift. I think that pearls always look very elegant and are great to wear with any outfit (just like the famous style icon Jackie Kennedy Onassis regularly did!).

I expect your friend was very glad to see you and very proud of you for being so brave, especially after your recent operation. It sounds like you are great friends and I hope you will be able to see each other again soon.

Love
    Kayleigh x

P.S. I think the chocolate thief might have got a sweet tooth when he worked for Willy Wonker ... LOL ...

http://https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hn1EAl7jdIk