Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2836373839 LastLast

Thread: Celebrate the GOOD THINGS

Jacqui, you go girl There is nothing like the great outdoors to make one feel alive.

My dog would be a perfect companion for your outings - she loves to get as muddy as possible and is great at finding the deepest puddles

Enjoy the Tramper days !

Love Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Forum Member
    I am not sure this should be under the good news thread but I feel very lucky to be reclined in my powerchair in the Spanish sunshine, so it seems the right place.

The health care in Spain has been fantastic and they admitted me for tests, whilst being very understanding about MND. The CT scan showed a small pulmonary embolism so we cant fly home for 4 to 6 weeks. At least I think that's what was said !! There was lots of Google translate going on our phones and pictures being drawn.

I am lucky enough to have the same mobility equipment here and our children are hoping to come out to see us.

Hope other people have good news soon,
    Love Debbie x

Hi Deb,

Like the idea of laying back enjoying the sunshine and good to hear that you have received good health treatment out there.

Hope they are wrong about the small pulmonary embolism or it's soon sorted.

Love Terry

I seem to have successfully brought a new desktop computer (Windows 10) into use in place of my old Windows 7 machine, which is about as slow as I am. This involved transferring over 100Gb of data.

Also, at long last, the pain in my left shoulder, damaged in a fall, is easing. Fingers crossed!

Doug

Hi Doug;

I'm still on windows 7. Pleased to hear that your pains are easing, I have had a lot of neck/shoulder pain and stiffness but like you it is a lot better now. Still have bad lower back pains but it's nice to have one area improve.

Love Terry

Congrats on (finally!!) upgrading your desktop PC, Doug and successfully transferring your files - hope you can find them all now

Hopefully you'll find Windows 10 better and easy to navigate than 7.

Love Ellie.

Glad to hear at least some of your pain has subsided, Terry.

Love Ellie.

Spring sunshine

This morning, for the first time in three weeks, I sat outside on my walker in beautifully warm sunshine. It was gorgeous! Many bulbs were up and flowering and you could believe Spring was round the corner.

Vitamin D for the soul.

Doug

Sounds great that you were sitting outside in sun on your walker Doug. A new desktop too, wow! A good week had by you then. I hope that your transfer of data went well.

I’m looking forward to warmer rain free days soon so that I can get outside too. I had my first drive of my powered wheelchair (since the practice session with the wheelchair lady) about a week ago. I was accompanied by Steve. We went around the block in an almost big circle. This was very hard in some places, good in others. I’ll have to do this again to build up my control skills and confidence. Lynne
    ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my ballance.
    I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Forum Member
    Lovely to see Doddie Weir enjoying the Rugby today