Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: New

Hi JoJo,

I agree with Lynne and we often leave it too late to move onto the next piece of equipment to make us safer. If the OT won’t offer a 4 wheel walker you can buy a good one for around £100 or ask for a grant from MNDA.

Best wishes,
    Barry
    Iím going to do this even if it kills me!

Quote Originally Posted by Jo jo View Post
    Hi all, my partner has had his first fall today. Absolutely heartbreaking. Heís using crutches but heís finding it hard to lift his right leg as his foot folds under and trips him up. First OT appointment on the 18th Dec. He was only diagnosed in October it seems to be rapidly disabling him. Does this usually mean he will loose use of his arms then his breathing this is so scary.
    Hi Jojo,

One of the things that make MND so hard to cope with is that there is no ďusual ď. Everybodyís MND journey is different, which is why itís so hard to anticipate what is likely to happen next, and when. The best you can do is react to changes sooner rather than later, including asking for help. Try to get a picture of what each healthcare professionalís role is, it will help you to know who is the best person to ask for help.
    Dina

Trying to keep positive, but not always managing.

Forum Member
    Thankyou everyone I have managed to find one on Facebook as new 40 pounds so Iím collecting it later. You are all such lovely helpful people especially when I have no one else to ask. He could have caused himself a nasty injury. Luckily just bruised his chest. People must hurt themselves with falls. Iím only 4ft 11 so couldnít lift him up. Luckily people came to help him up as it seemed to take his energy. Thanks again to you all xx

Can you post a pic of it Jo Jo before you spend your 40 quid??
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Forum Member
    How do I add a photo

Forum Member
    It has 4 wheels, brakes and a storage seat

See the row of icons, the click on the square one, choose file and upload pic.

If you can't Jo Jo, don't stress yourself out over it!!

It sounds fine.

Love Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Foot drop

Hi Jo jo

My MND started with foot drop. I was given an Orliman Boxia orthotic:

https://www.orliman.com/en/product/c...t-ankle-brace/

Itís still a very helpful piece of safety equipment to use with a walker as well as crutches.

Doug

Forum Member
    That looks like something that would really help Doug Thankyou

I've got two of those braces, one that was given to me by the NHS and one that I bought. I didn't use them much because the right one hurt my arthritic ankle. They are great though if you don't have sore ankles already. Lynne
    ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my ballance.
    I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.