Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello, I'm a new member

Forum Member
    Andy, thank you for your reply. Your own history fills me with hope for my husband, who feels rather stronger now than a few months ago!
    So for the time being we're trying not to think about the disease, and we've sort of decided that "denial is good", until his condition starts to deteriorate. But this is all so recent... it will be 4 weeks on Tuesday. The shock totally cut down his appetite the first two weeks and he's lost some weight. That is definitely good and he can lose some more before we worry.
    So we'll see.
    I am sure he will post on the forum some time, but not just now.
    Best wishes,
    Catherine

Forum Member
    Dear Eileen,
    Thank you for your message.
    We don't have an MND nurse, because we don't have anything yet! We're trying to activate his referral to the neurology hospital, and we try to remain neutral about the slowness of it all, thinking that he doesn't need much support for the time being as he feels rather better now than before the summer. So, fingers crossed and let's hope that his current state lasts weeks rather than days, and months rather than weeks.

Thank you so much to all of you who have replied my message in a bottle! This is a good place to turn to when the going is rough.

Catherine

Forum Member
    Thanks Barry, we'll see how it evolves.
    Best wishes,
    Catherine

Hi Catherine,

There is nothing wrong with living your lives as good as you can. Sometimes weight loss can be a good thing if he is very over weight but do make sure that he has a balanced diet and eats good things regularly.

Weight loss is normally regarded as a bad thing with Mnd so keep a eye on his appetite and eating.

Love Terry