Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hi

Hi Moto, welcome to forums. I see that you've already had good advice about stem cell therapy and research. So I won't repeat, just let you know that I agree with all of them.

I tell all new people to forums to start voice banking whilst their voices are still strong. If you do a search on the topic lots of conversations will come up with all of the information you need. If you reply to one or other of those posts it will bring the conversation to the top again, which is good.

We don't know if we'll totally loose our voices but saving your natural voice will avoid having to use a robotic sounding electronic voice if the worst happens. I hope that this isn't too much information for you at the moment but forwarned is forearmed.

Good luck and take care, Lynne
    ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my ballance.
    I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    Hi Moto;

How are you now and what symptoms etc do you have?

We normally have a MIR of the brain and a Lumber puncture to rule out other possibilities.

Love Terry
    Hi...Terry,

My MRI of brain is normal & no Lumber puncture was suggested by any neurologist.
    Drs.are still not sure but looking to my right leg muscles wasting & imbalance during walk they are suspecting anterior horn cell disease.
    In my case they are telling this disease is progressing but very slowly.
    Can any body tell me the difference between anterior horn cell disease & MND.
    Best wishes,
    Moto

Hi Moto, my MRI showed anterior horn effects that suggested MND. Then muscle and nerve conduction studies three times, a few months apart. The first of these confirmed MND and the three compared to try to work out a possible pattern of degeneration and help with a tentative prognosis. It was agreed to be comparatively slow deterioration but definitely ALS. I wasn't given a lumbar puncture. Lynne
    Last edited by Lynne K; 20th October 2019 at 11:32.
    ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my ballance.
    I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Hi Moto,

Spinal motor neurons are also called anterior horn cells.

ALS (the most common MND) is an anterior horn cell disease.

Did you ever have a muscle biopsy?

How long ago was the EMG performed? (Is that where you saw anterior horn cell disease mentioned?)

I'd also recommend havimg a lumbar puncture, really just to complete all tests.

Anterior horn cell disease isn't directly related to the anterior horn structure of the brain, as mentioned above.

Best wishes,

Love Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.