Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: any advice please

Glad that you're on your way home TapG1. Take care. Lynne
    ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my ballance.
    I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Forum Member
    Thank you Lynne and l hope you are keeping good xx Can you give me any advice on morning headaches Lynne, is there anything you can do to prevent them and what causes them?

Quote Originally Posted by TAPG1 View Post
    Can you give me any advice on morning headaches Lynne, is there anything you can do to prevent them and what causes them?
    Hi TAPG1

When Doug asked if you had a diagnosis you gave a somewhat cryptic reply. Advice about headaches would vary depending on what diagnosis you have been given.

I understand that you are quite possibly struggling with whatever diagnosis youíve been given but you should also understand that it would be unwise to offer advice about MND headaches if itís not MND that has been diagnosed.

I sincerely hope you donít have MND. When you feel ready, please do let us know what the doctors have told you.

With best wishes
    Dina

Trying to keep positive, but not always managing.

Forum Member
    Yeah. Can you let us know how you got on please? I must confess I have gained a bit of perspective in recent weeks having taken a little confidence in that I had twitching but without weakess and atrophy. As you also didnít have these, i thought you would be similarly ok. You have intimated you were correct which ive taken rightly or wrongly that you at the very least must have had a strong indication you may have mnd. Its a wee bit cryptic so once you feel able to can you let us know please?

TAPG1, Dina hit the nail on the head. If you haven't had an MND diagnosis morning headaches could be something other than an MND symptom. But if it was that you have been diagnosed you wouldn't get headaches at the beginning. It's due to higher co2 levels in your system. That's if you haven't been breathing out enough which Is a consequence of poor breathing during the night with advanced MND. I get asked if I have morning headaches every time I see my neurologist. I haven't had Headaches in the mornings yet. Lynne
    Last edited by Lynne K; 15th December 2019 at 15:31.
    ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my ballance.
    I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Forum Member
    Anxious1, When l am able and ready l will let you know. Just so you know my symptoms were different to yours.

Forum Member
    Thank you so much Lynne l appreciate the reply.

Forum Member
    Hi all, trust you've all had a great Christmas. Just wondering how TAPG1 got on.