Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: any advice please

Forum Member
    I'm also getting some counselling for the anxiety Ellie hopefully that will happen before Xmas.

Hi TAPG1,

I would be worried to but worrying is just making you worse. I've nothing much to add over the advice that has already been given by me and others including the Mnda.

I'm no expert but all of your symptoms don't match Mnd, in the way that they have occurred or just don't match.

I don't know if it could be some other disease like MS etc but I would have thought that a MRI would have picked it up.

There are many things that cause problems but your doctor would be the best person to speak to.

Best wishes, Terry

Forum Member
    Hi, Can someone tell me how to close my account on the forum please. Do l need to contact admin to do this? Thanking you TAPG1

Dear TAPG1,

We are currently in the process of looking into this for you.

We will let you know as soon as possible.

Kind regards
    Jacqui Anderson
    Senior MND Connect Adviser

Forum Member
    I'm sorry if this post is going to annoy anyone but this forum and the people that are on it are all l have at the moment. Anxiety taking out of my symptoms. l now have a build up of saliva on the inside of my mouth on both sides, also the sides of my lips feel wet. I feel my tongue when lm speaking is getting caught between my teeth surely this is not normal and can't be all down to anxiety! The twitching has also increases l have it in my chin, face and l can feel something in my tongue and lm feeling a strange sensation at the top of my leg the same spot the last few days the only way l can describe that is buzzing or crawling sensation. Could these symptoms be bulbar onset? I know ye are not doctors or neurologists and can't diagnoise but ye all seem to know what ye are talking about. Before anyone judges me and tells me l have anxiety yes l have because of how lm feeling and experiencing which lm sure some of ye might have being where l am. I certainly don't want to be on this forum and having to post questions and torment anyone but l don't have anyone else to turn to. Is it possible that a neurologist could make a mistake? If anyone can reply to me with any advice l would really appreciate it. I'm beyond terrified. I don't want to upset anyone and l know ye all have more important things going on in yer lives without having to listen to me again but if anyone can help l would greatly appreciate it.

Hi TAPG1

I am sorry that you still have concerns and to hear that you are worried.

As we've discussed previously, facial twitching in the way you describe would not be a typical symptom of motor neurone disease. Twitching itself is not a symptom of MND, especially in the early stages of the disease. A neurologist would not even consider that someone might have MND if they presented with twitching in the way that you describe. Someone with MND would be most likely to have other symptoms, which you do not.

As we've discussed a few times and as you have done, you are welcome to contact us here at the helpline, MND Connect with any concerns that you have. The members of the forum are not health and social care professionals and are here to support each other with living with MND. They can not give you information about the possibility of having MND and only a neurologist can answer questions about a specific person's health conditions.

Please do know that MND Connect are here to support you. You can contact us with any of the concerns or questions that you have. Our number is 0808 802 6262.

Best Wishes

Rachel

Forum Member
    Ok Rachel l'll contact the healthline directly in-relation to my other symptoms which l have mentioned in my post and also the swaying sensation l have when standing, the extra saliva and not pronouncing some words properly.

Forum Member
    I have just emailed Rachel as l can't ring at the moment. Thank you.

Hi TAPG1,

You have no need to close your account here and I will respond if I have any further to add.

Best wishes, Terry

Forum Member
    ����Thank you Terry and thank you for your kindness towards me and l know all of ye have more important things to be doing then listening to me again.