X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TAPG1
    Forum Member
    • Nov 2019

Lynne K, Thank you for your reply. I'm trying to be strong and stay positive but not really happening�� l just want to go home. I hope you are having a good day Lynne K xx. Can anyone give me some information on EMG test, does it hurt and how long does it take to do?

Comment

• MNDConnect
      Forum Moderator
      • Mar 2016

Hi TAPG1

EMGs would probably be considered more uncomfortable than painful. There are two parts to an EMG. One part uses very fine needles, a bit like acupuncture needles so they may be a little bit uncomfortable. Sometimes a Nerve Conduction Test is carried out at the same time and this usually uses stickers.

EMGs don't take very long to do although this would depend on how many areas of the body they want to test. It's not usually a long test though.

I do hope that everything goes well.

Best Wishes

Rachel
      MND Connect
      Contact us on 0808 802 6262 or at [email protected]

Comment

• TAPG1
        Forum Member
        • Nov 2019

Thank you for that information Rachel. Ive no choice they have to be done so l'll just have to be brave.

Comment

• TAPG1
          Forum Member
          • Nov 2019

Good morning all, Can anyone advice me on this please! Has anybody experienced tic like sensations (That's the only way l can explain it sorry) with twitching? I've a lot of twitching today and don't feel well at all and constantly need to swallow. How did ye all cope while waiting on a diagnosis!

Comment

• Lynne K
            Forum Member
            • Nov 2017

Hi TapG1, I had a tick in my face on and off for many years pre MND. I accepted that it was stress.

About leading up to diagnosis no ticks, twitching or cramps. My early problem before diagnosis
            was to do with my ballance. Lynne
            ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

• TAPG1
              Forum Member
              • Nov 2019

Thanks Lynne. So you can experience tic sensations! Do you think yours was down to stress Lynne? My problems seem to be the slurring, cough, constantly need to swallow (maybe that's anxiety) and muscle twitching/fasciculation. Surely ld have some weakness by now would l...There's nobody telling me anything here. My symptoms seem to be worse on my left side😏 lm sooo confused with everything.

Comment

• TAPG1
                Forum Member
                • Nov 2019

I forgot to say thank you Lynne for replying to me x

Comment

• TAPG1
                  Forum Member
                  • Nov 2019

I'm going home today.

Comment

• Doug Carpenter
                    Forum Member
                    • May 2017

I'm sure you'll be pleased to get home.

Have you been given a diagnosis for your symptoms?

Doug
                    Diagnosed April 2017

Comment

• TAPG1
                      Forum Member
                      • Nov 2019

Doug, lm pleased to be going home to my family. In-relation to my symptoms, all lm going to say at the moment is that l was right. I will post sometime but just not at the moment. Thank you Doug and God bless.

Comment

• Lynne K
                        Forum Member
                        • Nov 2017

Glad that you're on your way home TapG1. Take care. Lynne
                        ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

Comment

• TAPG1
                          Forum Member
                          • Nov 2019

Thank you Lynne and l hope you are keeping good xx Can you give me any advice on morning headaches Lynne, is there anything you can do to prevent them and what causes them?

Comment

• Gillette
                            Forum Member
                            • Mar 2019

Originally posted by TAPG1 View Post
                            Can you give me any advice on morning headaches Lynne, is there anything you can do to prevent them and what causes them?
                            Hi TAPG1

When Doug asked if you had a diagnosis you gave a somewhat cryptic reply. Advice about headaches would vary depending on what diagnosis you have been given.

I understand that you are quite possibly struggling with whatever diagnosis you’ve been given but you should also understand that it would be unwise to offer advice about MND headaches if it’s not MND that has been diagnosed.

I sincerely hope you don’t have MND. When you feel ready, please do let us know what the doctors have told you.

With best wishes
                            Dina

Trying to keep positive, but not always managing.

Comment

• anxious1
                              Forum Member
                              • Oct 2019

Yeah. Can you let us know how you got on please? I must confess I have gained a bit of perspective in recent weeks having taken a little confidence in that I had twitching but without weakess and atrophy. As you also didn’t have these, i thought you would be similarly ok. You have intimated you were correct which ive taken rightly or wrongly that you at the very least must have had a strong indication you may have mnd. Its a wee bit cryptic so once you feel able to can you let us know please?

Comment

• Lynne K
                                Forum Member
                                • Nov 2017

TAPG1, Dina hit the nail on the head. If you haven't had an MND diagnosis morning headaches could be something other than an MND symptom. But if it was that you have been diagnosed you wouldn't get headaches at the beginning. It's due to higher co2 levels in your system. That's if you haven't been breathing out enough which Is a consequence of poor breathing during the night with advanced MND. I get asked if I have morning headaches every time I see my neurologist. I haven't had Headaches in the mornings yet. Lynne
                                Last edited by Lynne K; 15 December 2019, 15:31.

Comment

Working...
                                X