Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: any advice please

Forum Member
    Lynne K, Thank you for your reply. I'm trying to be strong and stay positive but not really happening�� l just want to go home. I hope you are having a good day Lynne K xx. Can anyone give me some information on EMG test, does it hurt and how long does it take to do?

Hi TAPG1

EMGs would probably be considered more uncomfortable than painful. There are two parts to an EMG. One part uses very fine needles, a bit like acupuncture needles so they may be a little bit uncomfortable. Sometimes a Nerve Conduction Test is carried out at the same time and this usually uses stickers.

EMGs don't take very long to do although this would depend on how many areas of the body they want to test. It's not usually a long test though.

I do hope that everything goes well.

Best Wishes

Rachel

Forum Member
    Thank you for that information Rachel. Ive no choice they have to be done so l'll just have to be brave.

Forum Member
    Good morning all, Can anyone advice me on this please! Has anybody experienced tic like sensations (That's the only way l can explain it sorry) with twitching? I've a lot of twitching today and don't feel well at all and constantly need to swallow. How did ye all cope while waiting on a diagnosis!

Hi TapG1, I had a tick in my face on and off for many years pre MND. I accepted that it was stress.

About leading up to diagnosis no ticks, twitching or cramps. My early problem before diagnosis
    was to do with my ballance. Lynne
    ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my ballance.
    I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Forum Member
    Thanks Lynne. So you can experience tic sensations! Do you think yours was down to stress Lynne? My problems seem to be the slurring, cough, constantly need to swallow (maybe that's anxiety) and muscle twitching/fasciculation. Surely ld have some weakness by now would l...There's nobody telling me anything here. My symptoms seem to be worse on my left side😏 lm sooo confused with everything.

Forum Member
    I forgot to say thank you Lynne for replying to me x

Forum Member
    I'm going home today.

I'm sure you'll be pleased to get home.

Have you been given a diagnosis for your symptoms?

Doug

Forum Member
    Doug, lm pleased to be going home to my family. In-relation to my symptoms, all lm going to say at the moment is that l was right. I will post sometime but just not at the moment. Thank you Doug and God bless.