Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Introductions to areas having to move

Hello Andy,

Congratulations on the successful auction of your house. I hope everything went well with your trip to Southampton on Friday.

Very best wishes to you and your family,
    Kayleigh

Good afternoon

Please keep fingers toes arms and legs crossed for us if indeed you can.

We are moving towards exchange of contract in terms of selling our house with a very short chain I'm glad to say and have now confirmed an offer on a place in Southampton which has plenty of space for accommodating me in a wheelchair starting off with 80 cm wide doors as standard and plenty of height for a lift to get me from the proposed upstairs bedroom to the downstairs wet room.

It's on the wrong side of the common really since we wanted to be on the other side to be close to the hospital and the central station but the upside is its near a swimming pool and the University so when some loose some.
    Warmly

Andy

​Diagnosed 03/2015. Limb onset (arm) sporadic ALS/MND.
    MND hitting - now 50% left arm and 90% right arm, plus other bits including left shoulder

"Things turn out the best for people who make the best of the way things turn out"

Hope all goes well Andy,

It's a big move but sounds quite good.

Love Terry

Woohoo Andy !

Everything crossed for hassle free completion.

Love Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Wishing you a smooth passage to your new home Andy. Buying a new home is often a compromise, right street, wrong house and vice versus.

Barry
    Im going to do this even if it kills me!

Good luck Andy. It sounds great, Lynne
    ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my ballance.
    I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Forum Member
    Sounds wonderful Andy, good luck on your move.
    Sheila

Good morning

Thank you all

And feeling better this morning after the bruises from an incident at the weekend are fading - just untangling my neck and shoulders which I was holding in a strange way because of the bruising and my MND.

So it all looks like it's going through at the moment with a completion date in early May 2020.

This is of course with confirmation from the lift people that when we do need a lift it will actually fit - with about 10 cm to spare vertically.

Next thing I need is a good recommendation for some fairly cheap washing toilets - they seem hideously expensive :-(
    Warmly

Andy

​Diagnosed 03/2015. Limb onset (arm) sporadic ALS/MND.
    MND hitting - now 50% left arm and 90% right arm, plus other bits including left shoulder

"Things turn out the best for people who make the best of the way things turn out"

Glad that your shoulder is less pain Doug. I saw on another post of yours that you’ve got a new desktop pc with Winfows 10. That’s smashing. Enjoy. Sorry that I don’t know about washing toilet seats. I hope that you find a good one. Maybe your OT can help you out. Lynne
    ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my ballance.
    I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.