Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What Now?

Quote Originally Posted by Broostine93 View Post
    Thanks, guys

Kayleigh- Those boards are brilliant, thank you

Thank you all so much
    Hi Broostine and Ellie,

I'm glad you found the website useful. I can't take all the credit though because I found out about the 'Amy's Speech Therapy' website from Ellie (who posted about it earlier this year) - and so many thanks to Ellie from me too!

Love
    Kayleigh x

Well, I wasn't going to say, Kayleigh xx
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Now, now girls, put your handbags and nails away and be friends. LOL

Hi Broostine;

I think that you can still get talking things that will store five short sentences, with five buttons. You can record anything on it. Might be handy, just a thought.

Love Terry

Quote Originally Posted by Ellie View Post
    Well, I wasn't going to say, Kayleigh xx
    .... I wouldn't mind if you had said! - because ....

in the words of Whitney Houston "I learned from the best!"

Or, in the words of Comedienne Kayleigh "You are the fountain of all knowledge and I am the field of all varieties of corn" LOL

Hugs
    Kayleigh x

Hi Terry,

That's another great idea- thank you

I spoke to my Gran last night about the communication boards and the Lightwriter. She seems open to both (with a resounding 'but not yet!'), which is good news. As suspected, the idea of a tablet/ipad was swiftly shot down, but it's nice to be able to throw some options out there
    "This, too, shall pass"

Hi Broostine;

I had stuff like that before I needed it because it takes a while to get used to things and they are not always available when you need them. Good luck.

Love Terry

Hi Broostine;

The device I was thinking of is not quite as simple as I thought. It's a Multi-Memo recording device (DH341) from the RNIB. Here's a link:- https://shop.rnib.org.uk/accessible-...l#product-tabs

You can record 60 messages but not easy to access them.

You can get Christmas card record and talking little things that will play 4 or 5 short messages from individual buttons very cheaply.

Nothing is ever quite right, I did have a electrician friend that was going to make a simple button talker with five messages. But it was my fault that it stopped because I thought that I found something else, off the shelf.

You've hit the nail on the head there, Terry. It does indeed seem that nothing is ever quite right!
    You have sparked a 'lightbulb' for me, though, with the recorder. Gran's voice isn't suitable for recording, but there's nothing to stop me from recording my voice and then giving her the contraption to use
    "This, too, shall pass"

Hi Broostine;

Let us know your thoughts as we might be able to help you or guide you and stop wasting your time.

Love Terry

Sorry to throw the cat among the pigeons, so to speak (and I don't mean you, Top Cat!!) but, as a person who cannot speak, 5 phrases wouldn't be nearly enough for me in most situations such as settling me into bed, dressing me and the likes.

It may be useful for specific situations, for example, 'May I have a cup of strong black coffee, no sugar' but it can't cope with any follow on questions, let alone chat

Hope you can both find a solution Chrissie. And hope the SLT will step up to the mark after MND Connects intervention !

Love Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.