• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Barry52
    Forum Member
    • Mar 2012

The Greatest Showman

Hi all,

Today the Nottingham branch are showing the above film at the Broadway cinema. I am collecting for MNDA so hoping for a good turnout. I would hardly call my MND T-shirt my Sunday best but it serves a purpose.

I hope everyone is having a good day.

Love,
    Barry
    I’m going to do this even if it kills me!
  • Kayleigh
    Forum Member
    • Nov 2018

Hi Barry,

I hope you enjoy the Show with your friends from the Nottingham Branch, who show up to watch one of the greatest shows I have ever seen.

The last time I saw The Greatest Showman was soon after he had first shown up at my local cinema. I didn't recognise him at first because he was showing off, wearing his beard that he hadn't shorn off yet. LOL.

He looked very smart in his suit - but not as half as great, dashing or dapper as you always look in your Sunday-best MNDA t-shirt Barry!

Well done to the organisers at the Nottingham Branch for organising such a great outing.

I hope you all have a wonderful day and enjoy showtime at the cinema.

Sorry I live too far away to join you all (that's even at top speed in my Lamb-Borghini!!). But in 2 shakes of a lamb's tail it will be showtime for me - because I am about to watch 'The Silence of the Lambs' on DVD at home with my family LOL.

Love and best wishes to everyone,

Kayleigh x

Comment

• Ellie
      Forum Member
      • Oct 2012

Hope it goes well Barry.

You're great for doing your bit and I'm sure you're resplendent in your blue T-shirt

Love Ellie.
      ​Diagnosed 2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
      Significant bulbar impairment - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV - Eye gaze user

Comment

• Barry52
        Forum Member
        • Mar 2012

With the sale of tickets and the raffle we raised £224.50 and I thoroughly enjoyed the film which I had not seen before. I even won a raffle prize.

Thanks to our friends and supporters from the Nottingham branch.
        Love,
        Barry
        I’m going to do this even if it kills me!

Comment

• Kayleigh
          Forum Member
          • Nov 2018

Welcome home to Barry and everyone who saw the The Greatest Showman with him today. I'm glad it was such a success and many thanks for raising such a wonderful sum for the MNDA.

A beautiful and relaxing song to listen to after a busy day (and I hope you all sleep well tonight and I wish you a million sweet dreams) ...

http://https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-rxgAh1bnHU#searching

Love and best wishes to everyone,
          Kayleigh x
          Last edited by Kayleigh; 3 November 2019, 19:25.

Comment

• Gillette
            Forum Member
            • Mar 2019

Congratulations, Barry and everyone else who helped to organise the film showing and thanks to everyone who attended and helped to raise that terrific amount.
            Dina

Trying to keep positive, but not always managing.

Comment

• Terry
              Forum Member
              • May 2012

Well done Barry;

Love Terry
              TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Comment

Working...
              X