Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can only sleep on my right side

Miranda, every little helps !
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Well, strangely enough I am Ė or should be.

I was told to do them by my PT as part of the exercises to clear up a damaged rotator cuff in my left shoulder, which is still niggling away. But I havenít been doing them as often as I should. Thanks to Ellie, I can now see they would indeed help my chest muscles as well. So Iíll be a bit more rigorous in my exercise schedule from now on.

Welcome home Ellie!

Hugs

Doug

Doug, I have a tear in the rotator cuff of my left shoulder too. Very painful sometimes and sore all of the time. Have exercises helped or worsened your shoulder pain? Lynne
    ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my ballance.
    I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Hi Lynne

They help, but you have to be careful.

The big improvement was from a steroid injection, though.

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by Sportingmac View Post

Next step is to try short spells on my left side. When I sleep on my back it feels like I have someone sitting on my chest.

I'll let you all know how this experiment goes.

Kind regards

Chas
    Hi Chas;

Hope that spending a little bit of time on your left side helps a lot.

I hate the thought myself of having a breathing mask on at night time but if your chest is that bad laying on your back then maybe the time has come to try one, even for a couple of hours and then go onto your side.

For well over a year I have had on average one head ache a month that is due to CO2 and fear it getting more common but it hasn't, YET.

Love Terry