Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jordan farrell

Jordan, yes anxiety can cause real physical symptoms.

I think you are right to see a Neurologist for peace of mind.

Whilst waiting for that appointment, for your own sake, do try and manage your anxiety.

Love Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Hello Jordan,

In answer to your question about physical symptoms due to anxiety, there is some information on the following NHS's 'Every Mind Matters' webpage (it also includes tips and advice on how to manage anxiety):-

http://https://www.nhs.uk/oneyou/every-mind-matters/anxiety/?WT.tsrc=Search&WT.mc_id=Anxiety&&gclid=EAIaIQobCh MInavGhKX05QIVQbTtCh2Kqg8VEAAYASAAEgIi5_D_BwE

Best wishes,
    Kayleigh
    Last edited by Kayleigh; 18th November 2019 at 19:17.

Forum Member
    Thank you for your reply, my GP is very stubborn and itís hard to get anything through him I asked him to refer me for counselling and he declined that so I know he will instantly decline for a neurologist appointment, but Iíve been to multiple doctors and they have said heís wrong for doing so in rejecting me for counselling and it would be wrong for him to reject me to see a neurologist, thanks again Ellie youíve been really good to me thank you

Forum Member
    Thank you for your reply Kayleigh, I will give this a look at now thank you again! Just worried because my symptoms have been around for 8 weeks and Iím scared incase it will anything serious

Jordan, some areas have a self-referral system for mental health issues. Maybe you are in such an area.
    Dina

Trying to keep positive, but not always managing.

Forum Member
    Iím already with talk Liverpool which is the self reffaring service, I spoke with my service member and all she can offer me right now is online CBT therapy which Iíve completed already Iíve used the tools and techniques the online site offered but to no success, Iíve spoken to them for one to one counselling but they canít offer that as I have done the online CBT, itís just really frustrating to have all these symptoms Iím just worried to the point I canít relax anymore because Iím scared, I look at my son and my partner and just cry because I think I have something serious Iím just really scared

Forum Member
    It's funny when I first said to my doctor I thought I had mnd, she said no. So I googled my symptoms and mnd kept coming up. When I finally saw a neurologist he said most people do use doctor Google. I saw something on you tube back a long, and this girl in America was only 19., and she had mnd.

Forum Member
    Devastating illnesses that don’t discriminate against age, sex, race is terrifying because it can strike anyone at any time of their life. These are the illnesses that really should be on the forefront of finding a cure.

I hope an illness like MND/ALS is being aggressively attacked by researchers and scientists to finding it’s cure or very least some form of treatment, having nothing to stop it just seems so unacceptable. Time is of the essence for an illness like this, I believe the cure will come just hope sooner than later

CCxox

Forum Member
    Hello Jordan,

I am really sorry that anxiety about your health is affecting your life and I really hope you get some answers and help soon to put your mind at rest. If your GP is not supportive or is not referring you for help you can ask to see another one.. They certainly shouldn't be laughing or dismissing your concerns. Although we know we shouldn't I am sure most people have used Dr Google at some point , probably with inaccurate results.

I am not an expert and I'm not sure this will help you but your symptoms do not sound like MND to me. Mine started with increasing limb weakness that got gradually worse.

As others have said anxiety can cause physical symptoms so I really wish you all the best in getting the support you need so you can enjoy time with your young family.

Love Debbie x

Quote Originally Posted by JFarrell96 View Post
    , I spoke to a GP in my local hospital today heís passed my notes on to my actual GP for me to be referred to a neurologist, I spoke to MND helpline today for half a hour and the lovely lady on the phone said itís extremely rare for someone of my age to get MND
    Hi Jordan and welcome to the forum,

I hope that you get a appointment with a neurologist soon. Mnd does not normally occur at such a young age especially if there's no family history of it.

I am impressed with your words and thoughtfulness.

Best wishes, Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.