Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jordan farrell

Forum Member

Jordan farrell

Hello my names Jordan Farrell, I apologise In advance and Iím so sorry to people with or know people with MND, I have been suffering with symptoms that have been relatively scary as I am only 23 years old, I have what feels like like heaviness/weakness in legs swallowing difficulties, breathing difficulties (feels like Iím not getting enough air) from breathing in through my nose, now I feel talking Iím stuttering and mumbling words at times, Iím really scared and panicking, I do apologise in advance
    Last edited by JFarrell96; 18th November 2019 at 13:42.

Hi Jordan,

Sorry you're having those symptoms.

They don't sound like MND symptoms at all - what did your GP say?

Love Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Hi Jordan

Are you worried or stressed about anything, apart from your health worries? Although there is a slight chance that there is a physical cause for your symptoms, they sound as though they could be caused by anxiety.
    Dina

Trying to keep positive, but not always managing.

Forum Member
    Thank you for your reply Ellie, my GP laughed and said I havenít got MND I thought it was quite rude because these symptoms are scary, I also suffer with really bad health anxiety I have fasciculations in my legs arms neck arms and hands my thumbs feel stiff at times as well

Forum Member
    Thank you for your reply Gillette, I do suffer with health anxiety I had a panic attack on the 22nd September Iíve had 2 blood tests 3 heart ECGís and a chest x-ray all have come back normal but Iím just really scared, I done the worst thing and Googled my symptoms

Jordan, I’m glad you recognise your mistake. Never try to self-diagnose. Please understand and respect the fact that that this is a safe, supportive place for people affected by MND. If you were to be given a diagnosis of MND (which is very improbable) we would welcome you and offer you support. In the meantime, you could ring the MND helpline if you really believe your symptoms are more than health anxiety.
    Dina

Forum Member
    I understand that fully, Iím sorry I offended anyone I do apologise, I thought to share my symptoms and see what others may think, I have spoken to the MND helpline they told me they donít think itís MND, Iím currently waiting to be seen by a doctor now

Best wishes, Jordan
    Dina

Jordan, please be honest and open with your GP re your anxieties and your symptoms, and how your life is being affected, both physically & mentally.

If that GP doesn't take you seriously, change GP.

There are meds and talking therapies available to help you - anxiety can consume you and can be debilitating, but help IS out there.

You've your whole life ahead of you and I truly hope you get a decent shot at it !!

Take care.

Love Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Forum Member
    Thank you for the reply Ellie, I spoke to a GP in my local hospital today heís passed my notes on to my actual GP for me to be referred to a neurologist, I spoke to MND helpline today for half a hour and the lovely lady on the phone said itís extremely rare for someone of my age to get MND, but my question is if itís just anxiety how can anxiety be so scary with real physical symptoms, I do again apologise for being so young and asking such questions when theyíre are people with MND and suffering, my heart goes out to every single person affected with MND