Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jordan farrell

Forum Member
    Hello thank you to everyone who has posted I really appreciate the everyone going out of theyíre way to offer theyíre advice I do fully respect and appreciate that very much! I can only hope my GP refers me to a neurologist and I can draw a line under everything, after a thorough check with family and other family members MND has never ran in my family, the only thing that does is mental health problems I have a mum who suffers bad with health anxiety a aunt with bipolar cousins with severe anxiety and depression and these cousins are my mums sisters child, so relatively quite close. My current problem is I constantly for 8 weeks first thing waking up to last minute going asleep have been searching up and reading information about MND, I spoke with a GP about MND and he told me all my symptoms wouldnít appear in straight away it will all gradually come on, before I had a massive panic attack on the 22nd September I was playing football 4 days a week and working everyday but since the panic attack itís triggered my health anxiety. Sorry for the long response I really do appreciate everything everyone has said, this really is a nice place to talk to people and share opinions with each other! Thank you again

Jordan, I am very sorry for my curt response to your worries yesterday. I was rude and unwelcoming and I sincerely apologise.

I hope that your health concerns will soon be proven to be unfounded.

My best wishes to you and your family.
    Dina

Trying to keep positive, but not always managing.

Forum Member
    Donít apologise Gillette, I appreciated any response I do thank you for your advice, I hope soon I find out what is going on Iíve spoken with multiple doctors and GPís they all said itís anxiety. If this is anxiety or hypochondria then it feels really real and scary

Thank you, Jordan. Thatís the thing, anxiety is real and it can have lots of horrid symptoms - believe me, I know, as I have suffered most of them.
    Dina

Trying to keep positive, but not always managing.

Forum Member
    Thank you for your reply Gillette, I know I had a breakdown last night crying uncontrollably because these symptoms are scaring me and Iím genuinely scared Iíve got that bad emotionally I have had to leave staying in my house with my partner and child because I keep getting worked up and upset, Iím just very scared

Forum Member
    I know I suffer with anxiety and panic attacks as Well. Now with Mnd on top, it is very hard to cope. My husband and son try and help me so much.
    Sheila

Forum Member
    Iím so sorry you suffer with anxiety and panic attacks and you have MND as well! My heart goes out to you, Iím just worried sick thinking I might have MND I just keep looking at my son and my pregnant partner and cry all the time, I was told MND at my age is extremely rare and itís very uncommon, I do apologise Sheila my heart goes out to you so much!!

Forum Member
    Hi Jordan and for your kind words. I am sure you will be fine, try and take one day at a time. Sometimes I think all the nerves I have had, anxiety, panic attacks have given me mnd I don't know, but it makes me wonder.
    Take care and let us know how you get on.
    Sheila

Forum Member
    Hi Jordan. Just an attempt to reassure you mate. This could have been written by me. I have posted a couple of times citing similar symptoms to you. I have 3 young sons and found myself crying uncontrollably as well convincing myself I had this dreadful disease. I felt weakened and lethargy like never felt before as well as other potential symptoms that I connected toy self diagnosis. Being an anxious person like you I forced myself to stop googling and have began to feel better. I was at my docs today who now feels it was all angst based although she agreed what I was describing merited further investigation and I do have an mri next week to check generally which I understand doesnít check for mmd.

Please realise that I was equally as anxious as you and was visualising my demise and my kids fatherless and I think you sound in a similar position.

Take care.

Forum Member
    Hello mate, thank you for your reply I know thatís the worst thing Iíve done is google my symptoms as Iím not medically trained I should not be self diagnosing, Itís so scary to have these physical symptoms and already seeing on google that these symptoms are also symptoms of MND is scary because I can sit there and tell myself Iím okay but something in the back of my mind still niggles away at me itís hard to stop thinking about these things, I spoke with a GP from my GPís practice on the phone today sheís gonna book me to have a muscle conduction test and she referred me to a neurologist for peace of mind, Iím also on 45MG mirtazapine anti depressants when I told this GP she instantly said that is to high for your age and it was a quick jump in dose I went from 15,30 to 45 in the space of 3 weeks, I feel these havenít helped at all, I hope all goes well with your MRI mate, keep me posted on how you get on would be good to hear